Did anybody here meet their current or past girlfriend (or boyfriend) at a gig?
Member #7 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp to join.

Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all
Radiate, recognize one silent call
As we all form one dark flame...
Incinerate!
Nope, I usually meet a girl after a show.. do stuff.. and never see her again. The relationships come with the school.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Ive done stuff with girls i have met after shows. and once i even agreed to see the girl the next day she was really good but i havent seen her since. oh well i got a gf though technically i had one then to does that make me bad nah!!!!
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Cool.

So is it true that like the singer gets all the action, and nobody pays attention to the bassist? I got offered to be a bassist in my friend's band, but I could just as easily start my own band and play guitar or sing. I think I'm going to take his offer, though, 'cause he's an insane guitarist and it'd be a privelege to play with him. I'd rather put the music first, but getting action is also a strong motive for my playing music.

Just a concern of mine. After all, who joins a rock band without at least some intent to meet girls? It's like a staple of the genre.

Haha, I probably sound like an idiot. Oh well.
Member #7 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp to join.

Incinerate!
For some reason, the singers I work with in PAYING bands always have things in common. Both singers I have worked with over the past year were social workers. One met his finance at a gig and the other meet his current girlfriend at one. The girls I usually see now are usually too drunk to understand anything.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
It's generally the lead singer and guitarist.
BUT. There is one major exception. The bassist.... will almost always get any girl who's even remotely intelligent. Any chick the (lead) guitarist or especially the drummer picks up... is probably gonna be pretty damn stupid. I really couldn't say too much from experience, seeing as I'm sixteen. But I've seen it. And all my older "buddy bands", I'll call em, seem to follow the very same pattern.
I get most of mine through music...

One from a gig, one I met in a guitar shop, and one when I was tracking bass for peoples music tech coursework in the school studios.

\m/
Quote by opivy21
I hate feet. I don't even like the word toe. They're like mutated reject hands.

Quote by primusfan
Soak your testicles in battery acid. Works for some people.
I met my ex-girlfriend 'cos she was the singer in my band. She kinda left when we broke up, or vice-versa. I forget.
So is it true that like the singer gets all the action, and nobody pays attention to the bassist

Completely false, out of my band i am the only one to get any action post-show. I swear its the strong fingers!
Yeah im sure my strong fingers healp quite a lot with the girls, if you know what i mean. im glad im a bassist now! lol
Completely false, out of my band i am the only one to get any action post-show. I swear its the strong fingers!

Yeah im sure my strong fingers healp quite a lot with the girls, if you know what i mean.

Well then... I think I'm gonna go cruise on over to the lessons section of UG and look for some articles on improving finger strength.

Incinerate!
Last edited by GarageGuitarist at Jul 20, 2006,
My now gf saw me at a gig and then she got my msn addy n we startin talkin and we met up in town and hit it off
member number 2 of the "everyone likes Cream" club

Member #15 of the UG Pink Floyd Fan Club.PM TimiHendrex33 to join.
Quote by GarageGuitarist
Cool.

So is it true that like the singer gets all the action, and nobody pays attention to the bassist? I got offered to be a bassist in my friend's band, but I could just as easily start my own band and play guitar or sing. I think I'm going to take his offer, though, 'cause he's an insane guitarist and it'd be a privelege to play with him. I'd rather put the music first, but getting action is also a strong motive for my playing music.

Just a concern of mine. After all, who joins a rock band without at least some intent to meet girls? It's like a staple of the genre.

Haha, I probably sound like an idiot. Oh well.

dude music wise, great for you and the band, but its true. bassists do not get any action. the most they will get is talking for a girl for like 2 minutes after. you wanna get action, be anything but bass and keyboard. hey but who cares. you should be in it for the music.
www.purevolume.com/useasdirected
I'm the bassist in the band I played with last night (guitar in another band). We played a short show last night, and I spent the next two sets (played by two different bands) being the only guy from my band to get phone numbers.

Bammage.

There's not really any specific position in a band who always gets action and who doesn't. Disagreeing with me would make you a dumbass. The ones who get the action are the ones who are at least a little bit good looking and one who stands out a little in the band.
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
^ true but do you know who will really never get action?

(drumroll) the KEYBOARDIST
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by red star
^ true but do you know who will really never get action?

(drumroll) the KEYBOARDIST

not in dragonforce

seriously, you will stick out if you play a blazing and/or emotional solo, and this will lead to compliments on your playing, and next thing you know some chick has her pants at her ankles in the back of your van
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.