could anyone explain a 7 string electric to me, what string is added a deeper string or a higher string and what kind of music is played by that, i know jeff loomis uses them but i dont know to much about them
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
just gives you an extra(lower) octave for the b string
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
It's tuned B E A D G b e.

The low B adds an additional fourth below the low E. You could also string it E A D G b e a, which just adds an additional fourth above the high e.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
so what is you guys's opinion on them are they a waste of money or not, are they just more confusing, because it seems to me having an extra string gives it more versatility, what do you think?
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
i think it has more versatility, and eliminates droptuning for the most part. my same view for five string bass.
does it elminate drop tuning though because now when you play strings if you used the lowest string, now you basically have to skip over the original 6th bottom e string which would make it more difficult to play right?
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Yeah you cant palm mute like metallica style easily. Plus i think theyre not useful to me since most songs i play dont use 7 except korn but playing their songs are way too easy and boring. But you can get use to it though, and i heard after u do get use to it, the 6 strings will be like toys to you....
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
i use 7 strings alot in jazz and just rock, it does add a whole new octave that adds wonders to solos and chords, its great for jazz im not much of a metal head anymore but unearth and nevermore seem to be doing a good job with them
It's something that you have to get used to, but once you get used to it, you will never want a 6 string anymore/