ok so my friend just got a bass for free. its a first act, broken tho, but its got a basswood body, the input doesnt work

1. this is his first bass

2. should he get it fixed?

3. how much would it cost?

4. or should he get a new one, find the cheapest good bass, im a guitarist, so i dont know

thanx everyone

could get a rogue four string for 89$ or a six string for 129$ check musiciansfriend.com for exact price
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
if the input is all thats broken then it should be a fairly simple fix...just unscrew the pickguard or the control cavity or whatever is holding the input in place and put in a new one...since you play guitar you or someone you know might be familiar with this and if not then take it to a guitar store and ask around...shouldnt set you back more than a few bucks...

And I do not recommend getting a rogue bass at all...those things are probably only a small step up from first act...it is very rare that you find a decent rogue bass...about 75% percent of em are lemons or are just plain crappy...
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Last edited by XeNoCiDe730 at Jul 19, 2006,
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Fix it, and invest in a nice amp.

I agree...

Unless the bass is "godawful omg I cant stand playing this rotten piece of crap yo!11"
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
If you learn on a bad bass you will learn to appreciate the sound of the higher enders.
Since when does First Act use basswood? I'd expect plywood maybe......possibly NATO on the mroe expensive ones (the expensive ones on their budget line)....but not basswood.
Quote by Bumper
Since when does First Act use basswood? I'd expect plywood maybe......possibly NATO on the mroe expensive ones (the expensive ones on their budget line)....but not basswood.

Um, First Act makes some killer upper-end guitars, you should see their custom shop.
^I've played a few custom shop First Acts, and yeah, they are badass. But we're not talking about one of the high end First Acts. From what I've inferred the bass in question sounds like a Wal-Mart First Act.