I think its E minor: 2 on A 2 on D and 1 on G
A Maj: 2 on D and G and 1 on B
G (maj? min?): 3 on E 2 on A and 3 on e

help me out please...haha...
I didn't tab it because I'm a lazy ass.
I think it's G7 3 on E 2 on A and 3 on B

hm..I want to know more chords...so someone help me!!! please!!! thanks.
You named the chords wrong. Your first one is Emajor, your second is A min and your third is G major. type chord chart is somewhere, like the tab section here or google.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
Here are the first couple of chords you should learn

example of the notation of them:
E 022100
imagine if you were looking at your guitar neck in front of you placed vertically, 0s are open strings, fretted at the second fret of the A string, second fret of the D string and first fret of the G sttring
x is a string thats not played

E - 022100
Em - 022000
E7 - 020100 or 022130
Emaj7 - 021100
Esus4 - 022200
A - x02220
Am - x02210
A7 - x02020
Am7 - x02010
Amaj7 - x02120
Asus2 - x02200
Asus4 - x02230
C - x32010
Cmaj7 - x32000
G - 320003 or 320033
D - xx0232
Dm - xx0231
D7 - xx0212
Dsus4 - xx0233
Dsus2 - xx0230
B7 - x21202

and your basic barre chord shapes which you can move around to any fret on the neck, these are a bit hard at first
F - 133211
Fm - 133111
Bb - x13331
Bbm - x13321

just learn whatever you can find from something like https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113961 or any other chord directory
Last edited by seljer at Jul 19, 2006,
alright cool...thanks man. I appreciate the help.
I know there is a chord chart. But I wouldn't know which ones to learn. Like...Emaj, Amin, and Gmaj are all basic chords...can you give me a few more basic ones I should learn?
Learn any chord you can find, you can never lever enough new chords or new voicings, even if they don't that sound good you might find a use for them some day (even if that some day is far far away)

to get you started the most common open chords are around E, A, G, C and D and possibly B. Just find as many chords as you can on these notes.

The ones listed above are most of your basic open chords
Last edited by seljer at Jul 19, 2006,
umm start of with some open 7 chords.

Learn the basic 12 bar blues: (E7-A7-B7).

or you could learn A minor, D minor, and E minor (very easy). Just learn a lot of open chords and practice those until you can switch them easily, and play them clearly.

Once you have mastered open chords, its time to start to learn Bar Chords (get ready for you hand to cramp up).
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Quote by seljer
Here are the first couple of chords you should learn

example of the notation of them:
E 022100
imagine if you were looking at your guitar neck in front of you placed vertically, 0s are open strings, fretted at the second fret of the A string, second fret of the D string and first fret of the G sttring
x is a string thats not played

E - 022100
Em - 022000
E7 - 020100
A - x02220
Am - x02210
Am7 - x02010
Amaj7 - x02120
C - x32010
G - 320003 or 320033
D - xx0232
Dm - xx0231
D7 - xx0212
B7 - x21202

and your basic barre chord shapes which you can move around to any fret on the neck, these are a bit hard at first
F - 133211
Fm - 133111
Bb - x13331
Bbm - x13321

just learn whatever you can find from something like https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113961 or any other chord directory

B7 - x21202

so, that would be:

e|---2--------------------------------------------------
B|---0--------------------------------------------------
G|---2--------------------------------------------------
D|---1---------------------------------------------------
A|---2----------------------------------------------------
E|---x------------------------------------------------------

right?

oh, and by the way: thanks...you've actually been the most helpful.
now, what will learning chords do for me? I'm just doing it because it gives me something to do and I don't sound stupid when I say I don't know what Bmin is.

EDIT: oh, and how would you pronounce E7? just E seven?
Bm = B minor
E7 = E seven (or sometimes E dominant seven, so they know its not E minor 7 or E major 7)...or maybe E seventh?
Bsus4 = B suspended 4 (though I usually just say Bsus4 in real life)

what will learning chords help you with? if you look up the chords to a song you'll allready know all the chords and won't have to go and look them up. There are hundreds and hundred of songs based around the simple major and minor opend chords of A, E, G, C and D. Underneath all that fast soloing the guitar still is mainly a rythm instrument in my opinion (though it is extremely versatile at what it can do) and chords are the basic thing you can play on it.
With enough messing around you might something that sounds good to you and you'd use it to write your own song
Well, any music that has more than two notes playing at the same time has chords, so it's important to understand and know chords if you're going to be a decent musician. Learning and understanding more and more chords is like giving yourself more colors to paint with.
Quote by Morgan_the_Homo
can someone tell me the finger positions for Amaj?

I personally barre the 3 strings with my ring or middle finger, otherwise you can fret it as: x open middle ring index open
Quick Question: So, let's say I learn the A major pentatonic scale. Would it be the exact same for the E major pentatonic scale except a little bit down/up the fret board? That website that someone suggested earlier really helps. If I really was a homo like my display name says, and you were a guy, I'd kiss you. If you're a girl, I'd kiss you too.

haha...it feels so good to have the power to learn music theory finally.
if my lesson gets accepted soon then read it. its all about chords and everything you need to know about em. hope that helps some.
Quote by Morgan_the_Homo
Quick Question: So, let's say I learn the A major pentatonic scale. Would it be the exact same for the E major pentatonic scale except a little bit down/up the fret board? That website that someone suggested earlier really helps. If I really was a homo like my display name says, and you were a guy, I'd kiss you. If you're a girl, I'd kiss you too.

haha...it feels so good to have the power to learn music theory finally.

Yeah, you can take that scale pattern and move it anywhere on the fretboard, it's still the major pentatonic, but in a different key.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by Morgan_the_Homo
I think its E minor: 2 on A 2 on D and 1 on G
A Maj: 2 on D and G and 1 on B
G (maj? min?): 3 on E 2 on A and 3 on e

help me out please...haha...
I didn't tab it because I'm a lazy ass.
I think it's G7 3 on E 2 on A and 3 on B

hm..I want to know more chords...so someone help me!!! please!!! thanks.

Looks to me like you're ready to..........ROCK N ROLLLL!!!
If it can't withstand the heat of a billion suns then it's worthless
Electric Church
Quote by Rockbysea
Looks to me like you're ready to..........ROCK N ROLLLL!!!

yeah, and it looks to me like you're ready to......SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!
try learning all the major chords, d, c, g, e, f, b, a, bar chords last, bc they are the hardest, and then learn them in minor and suspened, that should be all the chords you need to learn to write any song
Quote by Morgan_the_Homo
yeah, and it looks to me like you're ready to......SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!

With that kind of filthy mouth and attitude you will learn nothing. And expect things in your life to start to get a lot worse, not just your lousy guitar playing.
Quote by soleprobe
With that kind of filthy mouth and attitude you will learn nothing. And expect things in your life to start to get a lot worse, not just your lousy guitar playing.

hahahaha. pm me.