I'm lookin for a new combo. My range is 300-500, will buy used, ebay, etc. I'm lookin at all tube, exception being vox. I'm playing a standard mexican strat. I love playing blues and classic rock, but I also need it to be able to handle some metal. Suggestions? thanks.
Break it down and then break it up again
Me and my guitar drowning down and down
it needs to be able to handle somewhat small gigs...so probably 40-60 watts
Break it down and then break it up again
Me and my guitar drowning down and down
I can't say enough for my Hot Rod Deluxe. If you're into blues and classic rock, it's great. It'll be a little weak for the metal, but if that's not your main goal, buy a pedal and it'll do just fine. It will be your upper end though, in that price range. You could buy it used or blemished for $500. By the way, it goes great with my strat... good Clapton tones.

On the other hand you can't go wrong with a marshall.

that is the most retarded thing i have ever heard

i would say get a peavey classic 30, and an od pedal to boost it for solos/ metal
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

I use an Ampeg Reverberocket and it's been a great amp. Warm clean channel, enough gain on the dirty channel for most classic rock (natural Back in Black sound), 50w all tube, can be found used or on ebay for around $400. Simply a very underrated amp.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
you should check out the peavey valveking. i think you could probably get the one with two speakers for under 500. its 50 watts by the way