hey guys i put another thread about this but i didnt get any really good answers, i need opinions on possibly getting a seven string, are they not a smart choice or are the a good idea, help me out
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
if i were you i wouldnt get a 7 string. just the regular 6 string
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
i think they are awesome. with an extra string it gives you more room to explore the guitar and come up with stuff you wouldnt think of on a 6-string. plus korn plays em...thats all you need. no jk but korn is awesome.
OMG you admitted to liking korn and soad, you better delete that before some of the metal heads come in riding there new ego fueled cars to bitch you out .

#7 Member of "The Mars Volta Fan Club"
^^ stop posting for the sake of seeing your post. thats just stupid. he wants a seven string. threadstarter look into schecter. theyre the highest quality metal guitars imo
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by red star
^^ stop posting for the sake of seeing your post. thats just stupid. he wants a seven string. threadstarter look into schecter. theyre the highest quality metal guitars imo

wtf did i ever do to you. i only gave my opinion. whats your problem
OMG you admitted to liking korn and soad, you better delete that before some of the metal heads come in riding there new ego fueled cars to bitch you out .

#7 Member of "The Mars Volta Fan Club"
i like the extra string but if youve been playing a 6 string for long the neck will feel very strange, really takes getting used to. i prefer ibanez 7's btw.
on a topic of how you would like to be buried...

Quote by Jacob6293
in a coffin, underground, next to my wife.

Quote by tylerishot
Me too. But only if she's alive.

yeah man, go for a schecter 7-string at whatever is in your price range. they are not hard to get used to, and they are specifically designed to handle lower tunings for maximum metal carnage \m/
Quote by pierce34celtic
Schecter C-7 hellraiser would be the ultimate low-tuned metal 7 string. Plus it looks awesome.

true dat
I'm saving for an 7 sting Schecter C-7 Hellraiser. I would definately get one if I were you. Bands like Nevernore inspired me to get one. I really like the concept of having something new to screw around with. I'd reccomend a C-7 Hellraiser, but I've also read that there's a Jeff Loomis signature model coming out. Thats something else that I'm taking into consideration as well. Thats all though. I hope I was of some tiny bit 'o help.
well...if you're gonna use scales and **** like that...then sure get it...but if you're just looking for that low crushing sound without the strings flopping all over...just put a pack of 7 strings on a 6 string guitar and exclude the last string
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.