my distortion on my Behringer LX210 V-Ampire worked really good when i got it. then, a couple of days ago, i decided to jack around with it and make it sound a little better. well, i screwed it up and now it sounds worse. i want a distortion that sounds punkish, not metalish. and i want it to be quiet when im not playing anything, then have a nice punky feel when i start playing again, like i had it before, and like it sound with a pedal i have. does anyone have any eq advice or what i should do to fix it and put it back?
...mess around with it?
Schecter C-1+
Fender FM212R
Boss MD-2
A shitload of other pedals I never use.

Quote by Nelsean
I swallowed a marble when I was 8. I pooped it out in the same day too.

Quote by stringmagician
Only funny thing in this whole thread.
see if you can reset the whole bugger to factory defaults.

sounds like you changed a setting and it saved it, like noise reduction.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
when im playing around with an amp, i usually set all the eq controls to the middle of their range, then its just trial and error till i like the sound i get
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
yeah ok for a good punk tone you gennerally want high mids treble somewhere in the middle and a moderately low bass, at least thats what i do, just mess around with it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
^

Read the manual (if you have one) If not you can always download the manual straight off Behringer's website...
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah ok for a good punk tone you gennerally want high mids treble somewhere in the middle and a moderately low bass, at least thats what i do, just mess around with it.

So it sounds tinny and weak?

**** that, I have my high around 7 bass around 7 and mid and 4 with the gain at 7, sounds great

Its gonna very between the amps, just spin the knobs and learn for yourself