I'm buying my first electric guitar. i've been playing acoustic for over a year now and want to get into electric. i wanna be able to play some alternative, punk, indie, and some rock. i just wanna know what the best all around guitar i can get for under $400.
try epiphone, they are good quality guitars for a good price, if you upgrade to gibson pickups for like 100 bucks when eevr you have the money it comes close to a gibson

try looking at the G-400 sg by epiphone, good guitar for a good price
heres a link to it, it plays good rock, metal, basically if you wnna play straight up rcok is what sg is good for, but also can play other genes, i personally think it sounds best for heavy rock, rock n roll, metal, ect.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-G400-SG-Electric-Guitar?sku=518291

try the les paul also, its in your price range, and plays a wide range of music, plays almost any gene of music

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Plain-Top?sku=517413
Last edited by the_man101 at Jul 19, 2006,
one of the g&l's tribute models would be great. i've got one, and i've read reviews by players who own a lot of other, more expensive guitars as well and they've had good reviews all around.
Do you already have an amp?
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
wait, do you mean an amp too? or are you just talking about the guitar
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
i got my mim fender strat for about 360 and then you can replace the pickups for about 100-250 depending on how pricy you want to get,
i love my strat by the way and ahvent replaced anything
Quote by CORT noob
Sex her, take the guitar, then sex her mom and have her walk in on you. Then, mom is happy, she doesn't want to be your friend anymore, and you keep the geetar. It's a win win for America!
My uncle just bought an OLP MusicMan1 for $250 and it's a damn fine guitar. The unfinished neck feels great. The pick ups are crunchy and clear too.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
get a fender standard strat or a fat strat. Can't really go wrong with either. just make sure you try out the guitar before buying jsut to check if it is a "dud" or not. the consistency on the mexican fenders aren't that great and some of them are pretty bad, but if you find the right one, it will be awesome.
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"