Alright. I used to believe that the accepted sky for fret numbers was 24. However, after listening Bumblefoot's 'Guitars Suck', I've realized that this just isn't the case. Where can you find / see guitar with more frets than 24? Who has them? What are the scale lengths? What brands make them? Which of BBF's guitars does he use to play this song?
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
I've seen a guitar with 33 frets. Friggin' monster.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
umm you might want to try searching around at musci friend, most of the guitars that have more than 24 fret are hard to find, id doubt that it will be at your local GC, but you can look, try pawn shops, ebay, and other internet websites
Comparison guitars feature 27 frets or more.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Some guitarists with pickups in the middle and neck positions just remove them and extend the neck onto the body reaching up till the bridge pickup. No use for more than 24 really. 24 is a double octave. Really high notes get annoying...
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
Quote by God Am
Alright. I used to believe that the accepted sky for fret numbers was 24. However, after listening Bumblefoot's 'Guitars Suck', I've realized that this just isn't the case. Where can you find / see guitar with more frets than 24? Who has them? What are the scale lengths? What brands make them? Which of BBF's guitars does he use to play this song?

Bumblefoot uses a 24 fretter, he just wears a thimble on his pinkie to tap the high notes, if you look into him you'll find out all about it. Guitars with more then 24 frets are worthless.

"just because the frets stop doesn't mean the music does."
I saw a custom guitar that had 36 frets i believe, saw it here i think it was in one of the custom guitar threads around here.
Ok I understand the point for 22 and 24 fret guitars (22 so the neck pickup is right under a harmonic node which provides better tone), whats the point of 21s (strats). Never got that exactly...
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
Alot of Schecter guitars have 24 frets
Desperate Times, Desperate Measures.
http://www.guitarasylum.com/home.htm

Click products on the left, then guitars, and then Comparison. That's the only thing I could find on Comparisons although I didn't really look a lot.

EDIT: /\ A lot of guitars have 24 frets, I think he meant guitars with over 24.
Uli Roth's Sky guitar: 7 strings, 31 frets:
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Caparisons are tremendous guitars, not cheap. The idea that anything more than 24 frets are worthless is similar to thinking anything with more than 6 strings is worthless. Open your mind to new things.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
yep Caparison guitars have 27 frets but mainly those are hard to fret and usually are used for pic tapping on their Horus models anyway the Dellinger models all have 24 frets which combined with the Schaller Tremolo could get you to 26 frets
Washburn used to make 32 (I think) fret guitars back in the late 80s, but they never really took off.

For the über shredder, they would probably have some use. If a player can use them, then all the pwoer to him. But for most people, 21-24 frets are more than enough.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by azn_guitarist25
http://www.conklinguitars.com/2006guitarprices.html third guitar down

the next one is an old washburn

*counts...* Yeah, the third one in the list in the link you sent... How the hell would you fit your fingers into those frets?!?

Edit: I think it might be the camera angle, but I'm not sure...
Quote by azn_guitarist25
http://www.conklinguitars.com/2006guitarprices.html third guitar down

the next one is an old washburn

That was the Washburn I was thinking of. I thoguth it was 32 frets, but that was 15+ years ago, so details were a bit foggy.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Get a whammy pedal...that many frets will buzz unless you have razorblades for fingers.
Quote by Crunchmeister
That was the Washburn I was thinking of. I thoguth it was 32 frets, but that was 15+ years ago, so details were a bit foggy.

They made a 29 and 36 fret versions.

You have any idea where you could buy one now? Im always checking out ebay.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Seriously, if you have like 30 frets, the neck would be so long, that you hands would be straight out of your side fretting the first few frets.
Quote by Invictious
Seriously, if you have like 30 frets, the neck would be so long, that you hands would be straight out of your side fretting the first few frets.

Having lots of frets wouldn't change the guitar's scale length (the distance from nut to bridge), it would simply elongate the fretboard. Making the scale longer would make notes lower. I think this is how baritone guitars are made.
Quote by powerhalf
Having lots of frets wouldn't change the guitar's scale length (the distance from nut to bridge), it would simply elongate the fretboard. Making the scale longer would make notes lower. I think this is how baritone guitars are made.

uhh..no.

how are you going to fit 30 frets onto a 25.5?
the frets would be so small, they'd be somewhere like 2mm apart.

25.5 - 24 frets
24.75 - 22 frets

Longer scale means bigger frets and more tension on strings, but it also means more frets are allowed.
Quote by powerhalf

The guy above me caught you for the most part. Baritone guitars are indeed made that way in order for the low tunings to have a comfortable tension, rather than having it feel like you're trying to push down the strings inside of a piano down to the ground. Same reason Bass guitars have such long scales. And obviously, since scale length determines neck length, more frets would, in all rationality, call for a larger scale.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Quote by Invictious
uhh..no.

how are you going to fit 30 frets onto a 25.5?
the frets would be so small, they'd be somewhere like 2mm apart.

25.5 - 24 frets
24.75 - 22 frets

Longer scale means bigger frets and more tension on strings, but it also means more frets are allowed.

There's no neck or mid pickup, and the frets are very small.

He never said it was the msot functional thing ever.
haha
Right. Keeping the scale the same but adding frets would indeed make the frets ridiculously small, but there are those who I'm sure could and would use them.
gary kramer makes some 36 frets. i believe that first guitar pictured is a gary kramer delta
Quote by uuhi
Quitting fags was a bitch for me so I started eating more than usual.