Any Keyboard, piano, organ players here, i play keyboard and get a few good rocks songs going, tell us wat u can play on them.

P.S. i am aware of the fact that this is a guitar site, but i still get tabs for keyboard songs
no, but I have a keyboard, and would love to learn how to transfer guitar songs to the keyboard. If you've got some free time and insight, and would like to explain, please do.
Well if you get guitar pro you can enter in the stuff on the piano and then it will come up in tabs, so you you just play the tabs.

Sorry, didnt read your post properly. Well you just enter in the guitar part on tabs, mmmmmmm...then i suppose you could transfer that to standard notation, yea think that would work
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

Last edited by Mr.Loomis_shred at Jul 20, 2006,
wouldn't it just be easier to learn how to read music? thats how i learned, it also helps your guitar playing too.
Well yea he should but all iwas saying was if he is looking to transfer guitar to keyboard the easiest way to do it instead of picking every note on the keyboard and then finding it on guitar would be to use guitar pro.
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

listen to some blues/jazz/rock keyboardists. the ones that come to mind are santana's keyboardist, SRV's, ray charles, james brown, and dr. john. listening to those guys will give you plenty of cool blues/jazz/rock keyboard material to work with. if you can find videos, all the better, then you can see what they're playing.
I just started playing keyboard about a month ago. I haven't spent a lot of time on it, but I'm learning basic chords and inversions, major scales, and pentatonics. It's pretty fun.

I haven't learned any songs yet, except I figured out the intro to Lean on me while messing around.

It seems much easier to play then guitar -- at an entry level. I was pretty surpised.
Muse is an awesome band to learn piano with.

Anyways, converting guitar music to piano music is easy. Just find what note it is on guitar, and then find the corresponding note - in the right octave - on the piano. Simple as pie.
I have a keyboard but i cant do too much with it. But my band has a keyboard player now, so I am really happy. Because any keyboards in rock just make it so much better as a general rule.
he's not really looking for conversion stuff, he's seeing what songs you can play on piano and stuff :P

I can play alot of old classical stuff, I'm not a huge pianist or anything, but when I see a piano I can make some pretty neat stuff on it
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Otherwise You Look Like A Complete Moron.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
1) Bold print. Reason? Y/N?
Phish had a great keyboardist
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...

hmm i used to play some classical stuff..my favorite one is Solfeggietto by CPE Bach...
but i just bought a book a couple days ago with blues, jazz, swing, and...one other style, cant remember. Its real complicated, left hand moving all over the place, but i assume i'll get it with practice.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

heh, just inherited an old keyboard and ive been screwing around for the last couple of days, i got the final countdown, axel foley, the star trek theme, and wrote a couple of nice bits.
why do kamakazi pilots wear helmets?
Quote by Morgan_the_Homo
no, but I have a keyboard, and would love to learn how to transfer guitar songs to the keyboard. If you've got some free time and insight, and would like to explain, please do.

The best way to learn any song for me is on guitar pro.. its so easy and you just click the keyboard tab and it shows you exactly where to put your fingers. Ive been playing for two months now and i can play.
the doors - touch me
wolfmother - minds eye
aerosmith- dream on
ben folds five - brick
deep purple - smoke on the water
beatles - hey jude

plus so much more
just find your song on guitar, chuck it in guitar pro and click the piano tab. its so easy. and if you want to make it sound like piano you can even change the instrument to piano or somthing.

have fun
i took piano lessons for a year when i was about 6.. but quit because my younger bro had figured out the "power rangers theme" on the piano (just the first few notes "go go power rangers").

i was quick to find the first few notes of some beethoven..

after that we just dicked around on the piano learning some childrens songs and whatever it was that my dad was teachin us (we had a piano until i was 12).

but in the past year ive borrowed my lil bros keyboard and transposed what i know from guitar to piano.. the first thing i learned was wish you were here..

i am currently going to college to get a music education degree and have a piano prficiency class.. so i should be able to play, and know by ear, all the major and minor scales, all the major chords (tirads) and a few other things.. at least thats what my prof said.
also... this is gonna sound retarded as hell.. but does anyone know the name of the song that goes "du du du. (this is C) nah nah ne nah-nah-nah, du du du" ("you go down 2 or 3 keys then back upast C key)

"du du du doo-doo du de, du doo.." (working your way up, then you proceed to go down the key board and back up to C, where you start over)

ahahahaha after reading that i can only imagine the criticisms
I've been playing the keyboard for 2 months now, and I love it. I rarely touch my guitar though. Guitar Pro definitely helps me, especially since I haven't bothered to learn to read music yet.
yeah when i started learning i used guitar pro and you no the song but you never no how to read music. im sorta getting to no how to read music now to cos i took this course on www.rocketpiano.com
definatley give that website ago if you wana learn. you get a 6 lesson trial version right and it teaches you heaps i never bothered to pay for anymore lessons tho lol
Quote by hippie_cune
also... this is gonna sound retarded as hell.. but does anyone know the name of the song that goes "du du du. (this is C) nah nah ne nah-nah-nah, du du du" ("you go down 2 or 3 keys then back upast C key)

"du du du doo-doo du de, du doo.." (working your way up, then you proceed to go down the key board and back up to C, where you start over)

ahahahaha after reading that i can only imagine the criticisms

also i have no idea watsoever wat you are going on about lol
I can't play keyboards, buy one of my favorites was Billy Preston. He was absolutely amazing!! Sadly, he died a few months ago.

I'll bet, though, that he is now the keyboardist in Heaven's house band.

Play on Billy, play on.
Quote by hazeljam08
also i have no idea watsoever wat you are going on about lol

hahah i figured..

but i just got my bros keyboard and now i know the notes!

c c c, c B A B c D, E E E, E D c D E F G c, C ... continue down back to g below the first c and the begin again.