Whats the difference between necks (set, through, bolt on, ect.)?

Difference is quality, sound, ect?
Set is glued on(Les Paul), through is one piece(Jackson's i think) and bolt on is screws(Fender, Gibson SG)

There's a big difference in sound and tone when it comes to different necks.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by Stop Messin'
Set is glued on(Les Paul), through is one piece(Jackson's i think) and bolt on is screws(Fender, Gibson SG)

There's a big difference in sound and tone when it comes to different necks.

Ok whats the difference?

Is there one that is worse/better in quality of the guitar?
A set neck is glued in to the body, while a neck through extends through the body as the center of the body. I think that makes sense? A bolt on is self-explanatory. A set neck and neck though is said to have better sustain since it transmits the vibrations through the body better.
Quote by TJM2482
Ok whats the difference?

Is there one that is worse/better in quality of the guitar?

Not really, I find that you can get a god bolt on that has the same sound properties as a set in or through necks. Neck through are usually the best for fret acess, but like said, it all depends on the guitar. Also, Sustain can suffer if the bolt on is bad quality.
just a clarification, the examples of guitar to necks isn't 100% accurate. most all gibsons are glued on that I know of, and a lot of companys offer each different type of neck as you get higher and higher end through theyre guitars, so like, cheap jackson's dont have neck through and high end for other companys might have them too.
Schecter Jolly Roger
Epiphone G-310
Behringer V-Ampire

Quote by Chungavelli
Yes, but if Bob Dylan were from Holland, he'd be an asshole.

Member #3 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
the difference is mostly the sustain... neck through have the highest sustain, then set, then bolt on.... i think...

plus if you have a neck through guitar, and your neck breaks, well guess what? your shit out of luck.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"