I just got this babe of a guitar (ithink) a schecter c-1 plus .

i want it to last long and play well as ive been saving for a while. How often should i polish the fretboard and how do you do that (if i screw it up im screwed---in a bad way)???

thanks

also if there are other things i should do, to the body or something
T0/<e

Quote by danilo19
randomly yell "freebird!" then the rednecks will like you.

respect

Quote by cnorthern
If a girl is playing guitar......she is likely a dude in drag.
I just scrape the sludge off my frets every few months with a toothpick and wipe it down with a damp sponge.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
there are cleaner/polish solutions you can get specifically designed for fretboards. i use just use my ghs fastfret string cleaner to clean mine and havent had any problems (rosewood board), but i imagine other cleaners might treat the wood better, i.e., smooth it, keep it from drying out, etc. do a musiciansfriend.com search
gibson has a finish restoration kit that has a fretboard conditioner, I believe it is lemon oil. I use the stuff and it keeps my frets looking brand new and feeling great.
do it once every 6 months and use a toothbrush and use lemon oil that should remove most if not all of the grime on your fretboard
congrats on the new guitar.

pick up a dunlop or gibson guitar care kit. its got lemon oil for the bridge, like said a couple times a year.
and its got polish for the body. ull want to keep that finished neck nice and slick.

when i clean my boards, i take off all the strings, but make sure if u remove all ur strings, u know how to set up ur guitar again afterwards.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011