This is the first song the I've written and actually really liked after rereading it through a few times. I wrote this last night while experimenting with some new guitar chords and it came out like this:

Empathy,
Compassion in my veins.
Sympathy,
Acknowledgment in vain.

Listening to the sounds of the night,
A neighbour's, daughter's friend.
Rare occasions swallow my confidence,
Even though I'm just 'round the bend.

Images,
Abstract art in my mind,
Portraits
Of people left behind.

Listening to the sounds of the night,
A neighbour's, daughter's friend.
Rare occasions swallow my confidence,
Even though I'm just 'round the bend.

Pitiful
Mistakes filled with aid.
Deplorable,
Accident prone accolades.

I wrote the first verse just trying to exercise some words that I rarely hear people using and it seemed like gibberish, but after I wrote the chorus it sounded more promising. Then the second and third verses shaped it into a rather obscure love song, I think. The title just came to me now because of the songs unexpected development for me.

Any criticism is welcome, because as a fairly new writer I know I am in need of great improvement. Thanks to all auggestions and criticisms. Cheers.
obscure love song... yeah, i think it is... it's written in a unique way, which is cool and all.. I'm really wondering how this comes together in a song... what kind of direction are you taking this in? The chorus seems fine, and I personally like the structure of the verses... although the verses do come off a little strange to me.... overall, it certainly ain't bad IMO.. nice to see another new writer working hard..

crit for crit?
I was fooling around with some really new chords that I had learned (and a few I just stumbled upon by accident by making accidents) and then pieced together a rhythm. Its hard to describe how it works, but it reminds me a lot of Radiohead mixed with my own twinge.

And I'm glad to have had my first song be liked by at least one person.
pretty cool man, you said that it remids you of radiohead which is cool. just be sure to keep the paranoid, creeped out vibe that thom yorke delivers so well.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.