Okay I was thinking of putting in 490R Alnico magnet humbucker, 498T Alnico magnet humbucker, Just like a Gibson SG 61. what you guy's and gal's think?
Desperate Times, Desperate Measures.
...I don't think the '61 has 490R and 498T...It has '57 classics. The STandard SG has that combo though.

Anyways, I recommend the '57s. Thick vintage mojo.
My Gear:
Fender Japan Strat (80s)
Gibson SG Standard
Epi Goth Explorer (FAV)
Fender HotRod DeVille
Ibanez TS-9
Akai Wah Pedal
Quote by SHANANDO

Seriously, this sounds like a pussy squable from Saved By The Bell or some **** like that.

Quote by Mui
...I don't think the '61 has 490R and 498T...It has '57 classics. The STandard SG has that combo though.

Anyways, I recommend the '57s. Thick vintage mojo.

X2
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
Unless there is a pup you would recommend for something heavy?
Heavy as in Metal or Hard Rock?
My Gear:
Fender Japan Strat (80s)
Gibson SG Standard
Epi Goth Explorer (FAV)
Fender HotRod DeVille
Ibanez TS-9
Akai Wah Pedal
Quote by SHANANDO

Seriously, this sounds like a pussy squable from Saved By The Bell or some **** like that.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you want a higher output p'up. For metal, EMGs and Gibson Signature Iommi's are pretty good. For punk sounds, there's the SEymour Duncan Invader and GIbson Dirty Fingers.
My Gear:
Fender Japan Strat (80s)
Gibson SG Standard
Epi Goth Explorer (FAV)
Fender HotRod DeVille
Ibanez TS-9
Akai Wah Pedal
Quote by SHANANDO

Metal...like along the lines UnderOath, Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold
EMGs, 81/85 combo. Possibly even 60/85. For Atreyu, I was able to find out that they use Seymour Duncans, not sure which model though. All in all, EMGs should cover everything.
My Gear:
Fender Japan Strat (80s)
Gibson SG Standard
Epi Goth Explorer (FAV)
Fender HotRod DeVille
Ibanez TS-9
Akai Wah Pedal
Quote by SHANANDO

I was thinking EMG's but I was not sure if they would make it look funny... cause of the pups are silver...