There is an ad in my newspaper of a person moving and having to sell his guitar stuff by the end of the week (includes a crappy 10 watt amp, 3 tier stand, 3 cables, marshall effect pedal, boss metalzone distortion pedal, new strings) but the main point is the guitar.

He says it is a "Jackson midnight blue Randy Rhoads Flying V"
Now i havent gone to check it out yet, but he has 2 ads, one asks for 500 then the newest one says everything for 250. Im not sure if this is a version of the RR's or even a real jackson.

1) is there any way for me to check that its a jackson when I go to check it out?
2) are there crappier versions of the RR1/3/5's out there that I dont know about and might get conned into? if so, how do i find out?

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
go look at it.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
i plan on it...

is there anyone that can actually answer my questions?

1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby

well as far as i know, the RR3 is the lowest of the line. i suppose you can ask him the serial number and e-mail jackson for the information.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
I haven't heard of a fake Rhoads but I know that if it says "Jackson" on the headstock then its most likely a Jackson. If your going to take a look at it in person you might as well test it out. It wouldn't matter if it was real if it sucked.
www.google.ca

Edit: nevermind, that one help you. Its a Rhoads-V so what do you think it'll be? An RR o course. Just go check em' out and send one to me .
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
yeah, if its got a scratchplate its probably a rr1, rr3 or an rr5 which are all good

or possibly one of the older performer series guitars but theyre still pretty good for $250 id say
yeah, it could be a JS series one. they are quite a bit cheaper. I think you can tell if it is a JS if it has a stop bar instead of a Floyd Rose and i think they only come in solid colours.
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
Sounds like a JS30RR.

But maybe it's an RR1. Stranger things have been known to happen.
alright, ill check it out tomorrow then.
so scratchplate = RR series
and solid color with TOM bridge = crappier version

thanks guys! wish me luck

1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby