Page 1 of 2
they over price everything, sometimes they just go extremely freakin overboard
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Ho hum, seen more expensive ones.

No worries, kiddies?someone will pay for it.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
and thats lower than MSRP too. Perwsonally i think it looks crap but im willing to bet Gibson only made like 100 of them so they can charge whatever the hell they want for them and people with to much money will buy them.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Wow, and it's ugly too...
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
40,000 K dollar

There was a $80,000 dollar martin on MF with like jewels encrusted on it but its not there anymore.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
Be a cool gift for my uncle, he used to fish 24/7, but I mean for 13,000 I could buy him a lake to fish in whenever he wanted to...I think it's more novelty than anything, and novelty isn't worth 13,000 bucks
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
LoL at the $40,000 epiphone. Signed by Paul or not, it's still an epiphone
its insane
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Quote by CodySG
LoL at the $40,000 epiphone. Signed by Paul or not, it's still an epiphone

Epi does make some really nice guitars once you get into higher price ranges, but i cant see any guitar being worth that much unless its an antique (like a Stratovarius guitar (yes Stradavari made guitars) but that would be a lot more than $40k). I could see someone spending 40k on like an original martin or something though maybe.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
LOL, and the overall review score is 5.21.

Its pretty ugly too.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
^lol you are so funny! OMGZ ROFLAMASNOGOAMZORS!!!!!!!!!!

crap about epiphone are the pups, but their hollow and semihollows are quite nice....

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
Pffff, if any of u got the 2007 Guitar World Buyer's Guide, there's a Martin acoustic guitar that they claim is their 1,000,000th Martin.

...............$109,000.......

That's rite $109,000.

Someone tell me wtf....wat in the f'k is someone going to do with that. Put it in a bullet-proof glass cabinet and look at it. Or more importantly, where would someone get that money!!!

simply ridiculous
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
Last edited by schecter1971 at Jul 20, 2006,
Quote by IheartEpiphone
dude guys com on now,ive already bought three,please dont diss

There's only one...
Quote by IrishBlues
40,000 K dollar

There was a $80,000 dollar martin on MF with like jewels encrusted on it but its not there anymore.

Tehre used to be a $100K Martin on MF! IT was a plain Martin too.
Quote by UniverseZero
its ebay and either a scam or a fake........ lol

Check out the feedback from his Buyers ... mostly high-end stuff. Those are pretty expensive Fenders and Gibsons, and if they're fakes or scams, he would've gotten his a55 sued and kicked out by eBay by now. Legit, IMO.
Quote by schecter1971
Pffff, if any of u got the 2007 Guitar World Buyer's Guide, there's a Martin acoustic guitar that they claim is their 1,000,000th Martin.

That's rite $109,000.

Someone tell me wtf....wat in the f'k is someone going to do with that. Put it in a bullet-proof glass cabinet and look at it. Or more importantly, where would someone get that money!!!

simply ridiculous

A guy in a town close to me (Lubbock) embezzled(sp?) 78 million in 2 years, thats where people would get the money.
i just bought one and iv'e got to tell you, it sounds brilliant through my squire sp 10 amp
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
Urgh, I wouldn't even pay £200 for that...
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
So what if it's used by Paul McCartney? So what if it's used by my dog or Yngwie or Herman?

Well the word 'Gibson' on the headstock actually costs around $1000...
With the paintjob by a random dude who no one knows $2000.
and the words 'limited quantity' $8000.............
So the guitar is actually much cheaper..
That guitar is the only one in the world that looks like that and made like that, thats hy its 13k -.-

Don't you see the "One of a Kind"

It's rating is 5.28 lol
Quote by schecter1971

That's rite $109,000.

simply ridiculous

how many fu.cking threads do we need like this until somebody points out the D-100?
you might as well start the thread rtitle as $109,000 guitar and talk about how ridiculous martin guitars are. 13 g's is nothing compared to some of the guitars in the world. seriously not a good investment but nothing new either.
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
Quote by IrishBlues
40,000 K dollar

Thats the exact replica of the one he used for "Yesterday". Oh its signed by Paul McCartney. The guitar has a legends handwriting on it, and a Redwings sticker. Only 40 of them were made, though.
Sent from my iPad.
that's such a rip-off. a store where i go has a sixties sunburst les paul custom with all gold hardware, including a bigsby, and the pickguard is signed by les-paul himself, and it's only like 6 or 7 thousand.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by Invictious
So what if it's used by Paul McCartney? So what if it's used by my dog or Yngwie or Herman?

Your dog isn't famous, but besides that, the fact that it's signed or used by Paul McCartney or whatever makes it unique. People pay for uniqueness. A baseball is a bit of leather, twine, cork and rubber, and if you catch one in the stands that someone broke a record using, it's suddenly worth hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars because it's unique.

That being said, $13,000 for a Gibson isn't that crazy. No one here has ever seen the Gibson Chet Atkins Super 4000 that retailed for $40,000? And that was nothing special, just a hollowbody like a large ES-135. Or, like people said, the $100,000 Martin, or the PRS Dragon guitars, one of which is in the Smithsonian. And sometimes people buy things just because they're expensive. It's a status symbol. "Look at me! I can afford a $16,000 umbrella stand!" "Isn't my $5,000 shower curtain magnificent?"
Hi, I'm Peter
That's true, and a very good point. It's like back in the Dumble amp thread, most of those amps are actually owned by businessmen, just because they can....that shower curtain made me lol, I might just sig it
Quote by brandonian
are you freaking kidding me?! its nice and all...but still man, $13,000 thats like a freaking car...or a very small house

$13,000 couldn't buy a house.

It couldn't even buy a crappy shack on some 1/8th acre property.

However, it could buy you two nice Paul Reed Smiths, a very nice Mesa Boogie full stack, and still have enough left over to buy a small, used, alebit crappy, car.
Quote by brandonian
are you freaking kidding me?! its nice and all...but still man, $13,000 thats like a freaking car...or a very small house

a very small house **** off that would get you a flat not a house
Page 1 of 2