I was watching my live **** binge and purge dvd and watched master of puppets. So the play throught the intro then comes the riff where no one but James plays starts about 21 seconds into the song. But on the live disk is is so much chunkier and heavier. I belive that on that tour they were using mesa amps does anybody know what type of mesa it was?
metallica use dual recs now they?
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Mesa Boogie Dual Recto I believe they use.
James' amps:
AMP'S
Mesa Boogie Strategy 400 Power Amps
Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Mesa Boogie Triaxis Preamp (Stock)
Mesa Boogie Triaxis Preamp (Modified)
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
Mesa Boogie Custom Graphic E.Q. Unit
Mesa Boogie Amp Switcher
Mesa Boogie 4x12 Speaker Cabinets
Roland JC 120
Celestion Vintage 30w Speakers

Kirks Amps
Mesa Boogie Strategy 400
power amps
Mesa Boogie MK IV Amp
Mesa Boobie Dual Rectifier
Mesa Boogie 4 x 12 speaker cabinets
Mesa Boogie Triaxis preamp
Marshall JMP-1
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
Metallica down tune their guitars occassionally at concerts to sound heavier, bass is so much more pronounced when ure in the crowd moshing away, and half the ppl wouldn noe it anyway. all i can remember from download 06 in the metallica mosh is making sure i didn't get knocked out in the mosh like this other guy did.
yer they'd have to down tune everything one step otherwis master of puppets would be a bit akward to play.
Everything was down tuned half step to sound better because james voice got deeper as he aged. The amps at that time were mot likely Mesa Mark IVs they didnt pick up rectos or the Triaxis until the Load tour so im gonna say mesa Mark IVs. Nowadays Kirk uses the Dual Recs for his dirty sounds and James Uses the Triaxis for his
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by TheFluffy
MOP in drop d? That makes no sense.

Maybe open D.

I've seen a video and james was playing the verse part with one finger, cause I remember thinking, "man, he's slacking in drop d".

A new Dual Recto will cost $1700, but you don't sound like the person that would normally be buying one.
Quote by El Codyo
I've seen a video and james was playing the verse part with one finger, cause I remember thinking, "man, he's slacking in drop d".

A new Dual Recto will cost $1700, but you don't sound like the person that would normally be buying one.

He was probably just playing it on the low E.
Quote by jonnyguitarman
No, they didnt tune down until Load.

Correct.

Quote by jonnyguitarman
They used Rectos on the black album too.

Wrong. Mesa Mark IVs.
[IMG]http://www.lolwut.com/layout/lolwut.jpg[/IMG]

Why do think that?
Most people that buy a Mesa (or any boutique amp really) have done alot of research and spent some time with multiple high-end amps, not just decide on one spur of the the moment cause you heard Metallica playing one. (His tone was a combo of the Mesa and a ****load of rack gear, so good luck getting that exact tone unless you're loaded.)
Metallica didn't start actively downtuning until Load. Since then, they play everything like downtuned, but Live Shit came out long before Binge & Purge. They downtuned occasionally before Load (Sad But True is in standard D, I believe The Thing That Should Not Be is in D or Db (however many tabs you see that have it in Drop-D, 'Tallica didn't drop-tune until St. Anger)).
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Metallica didn't start actively downtuning until Load. Since then, they play everything like downtuned, but Live Shit came out long before Binge & Purge. They downtuned occasionally before Load (Sad But True is in standard D, I believe The Thing That Should Not Be is in D or Db (however many tabs you see that have it in Drop-D, 'Tallica didn't drop-tune until St. Anger)).

we're talking about live performance here, they can tune down the their guitars a step during live performance to harnass the bass of the pa system a bit more and get the crowd pumped. and sometimes they play their stuff faster live too.