well i'm lost. my band is a good three peice, we have beautiful chemistry, write decent songs that have flavor. we even write some profound lyrics. the only problem is we can't find a singer anywhere. we aren't even looking for a freddie mercury or anything, our style is foo fighters, RHCP, bands like that, that are alternative but rock. so long intro but, where would i find a singer? We obviously have tried our social circles, things like craigslist, myspace, the works, anyone else have any ideas?
Check out jayninevideolessons.wordpress.com
Online Video Guitar lessons, ebooks, and so on. This above blog is how you may contact me for more information, or email me at jayninelessons@gmail.com
Audition singers. Advertise! As a singer, I'd love to see 'hey, our band needs a vocalist' on a flyer.

Nowdays, voice doesn't matter, so try and sing along with your music. Your voice doesn't have to be perfect, just as long as you and your band mates are satisfied with it.
If all else fails, get one of the current members of your band to sing. Worked with us!
Spend more time at local shows where you'll probably find a lot of people interested in making music with you. If you can have a recording of your band to show that you are serious
I am on the same boat as you. Our drummer quit the night of our CD release show and we've had bad luck auditioning people and finding people all together in the process. We have tried myspace, music store ads, ads in the paper, word of mouth but it seems everyone we find is either not ready for our level of a band or doesn't even show up to the audition! Someone once told me on here singers, bassists, drummers, and keyboardists are the people you want to get to know and hang around because everyone plays guitar, how right he was.

I agree most with yeahyeah. Start going to shows and meeting people, if all else fails try stealing someone from another band!
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
Yeah all these are good replys. To the guy above me, singers bassist drummers and keys are uncommon to find, i read somewhere someone said "If you need a guitar player go into the woods, becase they grow on trees." and that is true. I'll try the show's thing though, unfortunatly i find that 90% of the music world is either unreliable, tied down by their buddies; as in unwilling to leave their band because of hurt feelings, poor musicians or impossible to get a long with.
Check out jayninevideolessons.wordpress.com
Online Video Guitar lessons, ebooks, and so on. This above blog is how you may contact me for more information, or email me at jayninelessons@gmail.com
Quote by Aidy Damage
If all else fails, get one of the current members of your band to sing. Worked with us!

That is a great idea.
I second that ^

You'd be amazed you may think you cant sing but you've got to remember that a voice is like an instrument you've got to practice and become familiar with it. I started out wanting to find a singer but then I just started singing myself and I actually realized how great I was with just a bit of effort. Everyone can sing, it just takes a little bit of practice singing very rarely is not a natural thing.
if you lived in michigan...*points to self* I would be up for it.

But seriously, try singing yourself. Everyone's said it. Don't doubt your voice. It could be a powerful thing.

Also, post an ad in the musician advertising forum!