They were ****ing great, i was blown awsay with how good they are live, who else saw them there?

the cds are great but i didnt think they could pull of all the solos live. Does anybody know when the next azx cd is coming out

metal for life!!!!!
I've never seen Disturbed live and I really don't want to, but A7X did pretty good at Warped last year. No, the main vocals weren't great but it hadn't been long since he had his surgery. The music was pretty tight and cohesive. In my opinion they were a pretty good live band, no matter what anyone has to say about them.

Quote by I_sold_out
Why did you report?

That's the new cool thing don't you know. Just let those n00bs know you pwnd them by saying *reported* when all you are doing is giving the mods a headache because they go through a million reported threads that really don't need to be reported, but assholes find it necessary to show their "authority."
Last edited by myvaliantleap at Jul 20, 2006,
Quote by I_sold_out
Why did you report?

Wrong forum.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
I'm not gonna get stuck into either band. But the fact of the matter is, a guitarist bloody well should be able to pull off all of their own solos live. It's pathetic that these days it's acceptable for bands to use studio magic to sound awesome on CD, then suck all over the place live.

Don't get me wrong, I love my studio toys, I'm a producer/engineer for a living so I got nothing against using what's on offer. But a band should be able to cut it live before they even consider signing a deal. I couldn't count the guitarists I've worked with that actually asked me to solo on a track for them because they couldn't play as fast or as technical as they wanted.

So whilst I don't like a7x or disturbed particularly, it shouldn't be surprising that they can play their own stuff live, it should be expected.
Quote by myvaliantleap

That's the new cool thing don't you know. Just let those n00bs know you pwnd them by saying *reported* when all you are doing is giving the mods a headache because they go through a million reported threads that really don't need to be reported, but assholes find it necessary to show their "authority."

No no no no no no. No! You see, here in the metal forum, we do not like people who create threads which clearly, if one has read the rules and browsed through the forum, do not belong. Reporting the thread is quite unneccesary, i may agree, it would be much better if you just delete this thread. Now.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Night_Lights
No no no no no no. No! You see, here in the metal forum, we do not like people who create threads which clearly, if one has read the rules and browsed through the forum, do not belong. Reporting the thread is quite unneccesary, i may agree, it would be much better if you just delete this thread. Now.

Guess what. I didn't create this thread. He could have put this in the "only A7X thread" but it also included Disturbed, which some people would consider "metal." Genres are just as much opinion as they are clear cut facts so his post is just fine.
*teabags myvalientleap* alot of people think distrubed is metal.........alot of people are retarded........

we have damn stickies so **** like this doesn't happen!!! were tired of this **** and tired of people like you who always come in here and try to say" blah blah blah, metal is metal, there are no genres, im gay" hence a report so greety or bo can come in here and close this thread!
Gear

PRSCustom 24

Jackson DXMG w/ sh-13 dimebucker & sh12 jazz

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo head and matching 4x12 cab

Hendrix dunlop Wah

TS-7 tube screamer
Quote by myvaliantleap
Guess what. I didn't create this thread. He could have put this in the "only A7X thread" but it also included Disturbed, which some people would consider "metal." Genres are just as much opinion as they are clear cut facts so his post is just fine.

Shut yer hole
You dumbshit cunt motherfucker. Read the fucking goddamn rules/stickies at the top of the fucking page. Disturbed is not a metal band, therefore should not be posted in this forum, which, is in fact the metal forum. It was rightfully so that this thread should get reported and deleted/locked as soon as possible. We really don't need fucking threads about retarded ass bands that don't fit into this particular fucking forum.

Quote by myvaliantleap
Disturbed, which some people would consider "metal." Genres are just as much opinion as they are clear cut facts so his post is just fine.

No, you are wrong, you dumb motherfucker. We have specific bands classified to go in specific forums for a reason. While browsing the metal forum and learning about new and great bands that interest me, I don't want to see tons of dogshit threads about how homosexual a7x are. Genres may be opinions, to a degree, but anybody who considers Disturbed metal has an IQ less than their shoe size. There are rules, rules that you fuckups can't seem to read before you post every goddamn thread.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Last edited by Op3th at Jul 20, 2006,
So im guessing your one of those piece of **** metal kids that thinks metal is the only genre of music, everything sucks compaired to it? you closed minded dumb piece of ****, pull your head out of your ass and relize there is more out there. i know the exact kid u are, long hair, black shirt, boots, either camo pants or something equaliy as gay, seriously go **** yourself.
A7X = Metalcore
Disturbed = Nu-metal

Therefore, you post this thread in the metalcore forum or the nu-metal forum. Easy.
Deadly badgers made my weed
^banninated!!!!!! (when bo gets here)
Gear

PRSCustom 24

Jackson DXMG w/ sh-13 dimebucker & sh12 jazz

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo head and matching 4x12 cab

Hendrix dunlop Wah

TS-7 tube screamer
Quote by I_sold_out
^fagginated when he gets the dick in his ass

This kid is funny.

Neither metalcore or nu-metal, despite the names, are sub-genres of metal. Infact, I agree, they should just trash those particular genres and heap these gay ass bands into the "crap" genre.
Quote by I_sold_out
^ An idiot in general.
Quote by I_sold_out
So im guessing your one of those piece of **** metal kids that thinks metal is the only genre of music, everything sucks compaired to it? you closed minded dumb piece of ****, pull your head out of your ass and relize there is more out there. i know the exact kid u are, long hair, black shirt, boots, either camo pants or something equaliy as gay, seriously go **** yourself.

Sweet Jesus, I had no idea you could hurt me so deeply...But thanks anyway Cap'n Stereotype!

Seriously, get a clue you fucking douche. Just delete this thread, and move on. You made a mistake by posting this inane shit in the wrong fucking forum, and now everyone who posted in this thread knows you're a homophobic fucktard. So spare yourself any further embarrassment and just delete this fucking post.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by I_sold_out

Quote by zachbino57
CSguitarvocal is correct as usual, pepsi tastes much better out of a can.

Quote by TWISTEDFender
And CSguitarvocal for teh win.
^^^*Sigh* coulda just walked away...coulda just deleted the thread and walked away. But u didnt, u acted like a douche. For this you WILL be banned. i can tell you that much. i agree that all these metal sub-genres are stupid, BUT its the UG rules that they're kept seperate. Besides, if we didnt seperate them, then imagine how many more of these flame wars we'd have. And, the metal forum would be ****ing full of retarded, lame, ignorant morons, such as yourself.
Thank You, we hope you enjoyed your stay.