Page 2 of 26
please show me a statement made by someone in the band that says johnny marr is a member, no really, this would make my day. i'm not saying he isn't, i'm saying that from what i know, there is nothing to actually confirm this
Quote by starsnostars
please show me a statement made by someone in the band that says johnny marr is a member, no really, this would make my day. i'm not saying he isn't, i'm saying that from what i know, there is nothing to actually confirm this

There is really nothing on the internet that says this but by now its pretty much common knowledge.
Quote by starsnostars

try this...

http://www.avclub.com/content/node/45051
Quote by Monkeygone2hvn

you do know lastfm just uses wikipedia for their bios right? and that text can be edited. i want nothing more than for this to be true, but i can't go off rumors. if you get your info from a wiki site, there needs to be a citation
But its not rumors this is practically common knowledge now. Isaac even said in the interview that johnny wrote songs for the album and played guitar.
Modest Mouse are headlining the Falls Festival over here just as I predicted. It'll be the first time for them to tour Australia.

I'll definitely be going to see this.
Quote by cubedeathk
Isaac even said in the interview that johnny wrote songs for the album and played guitar.

i know, i posted that 6 months ago, but it doesn't mean he's in the band

and at what point do rumors turn into common knowledge?

you know what, i'll just give this to you, because i'm not spending any more time talking about this with someone i don't know. i don't have that much effort, you know? but if you ever come across something where johnny marr or someone in the band confirms that he is now an official member, please send it my way
rumor has it he is, but no one speaking for johnny marr or the band has confirmed it. but i bet we'll find out for sure in the next few months
Quote by starsnostars
you do know lastfm just uses wikipedia for their bios right? and that text can be edited.

No it doesn't. There are some mods on there that actually go around deleting ones that have been copied off other sites. Plus, I've written a few and I've never written anything on wikipedia...
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by andrewbiles
No it doesn't. There are some mods on there that actually go around deleting ones that have been copied off other sites. Plus, I've written a few and I've never written anything on wikipedia...

i'm glad to hear that, there's nothing i hate more than looking up a band on last fm and finding the same thing that was on wikipedia. that one in particular was still almost word for word the same though
^ Yeah, drives me mad seeing the same description and information everywhere as well.

"American indie chaps Modest Mouse have confirmed that Johnny Marr has joined the band as a fully paid up member. That'll be their career down the ****ter then." Play Louder - there you go.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
^thank you for that i saw pitchfork had that up too.

notice that it wouldn't be big news except that it's now, as of today, official.

brock also said the album title is 'we were dead before the ship even sank'. that's why you don't assume rumors are true. but this is all very good news. good news for people who love johnny marr
Last edited by starsnostars at Aug 4, 2006,
my second favorite band. they make me cry every now and then, its really beautiful and depressing.

amazing stuff
Catcher In The Rye Is One Of The Best Books Ever Club

member #1 of the jim belushi club
i would be so happy if johnny marr was a new member. it'd be two of my favourite artists collaborating. i'm really looking forward to this new record now, mainly because i wanna see which direction they take after Good News. anybody know when it's out?
How many MM threads are out there?!?!
It's been agreed the whole world stinks, so no one's taking showers anymore.
- Modest Mouse
I thought there was just this one
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
*sigh*

My mom threw out my copy of The Lonesome Crowded West. I'm sad now..
Wade in the water, child.
Sorta off topic but I've been listening to Talking **** About A Pretty Sunset a lot lately....
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Quote by RHCPhysco8
Sorta off topic but I've been listening to Talking **** About A Pretty Sunset a lot lately....

I guess it worked on your cd. I bought the cd brand new from the cd store, and the last four tracks would not work.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Yeah, Brock is a super good lyricist and his music can be very melodic at times. I heard a book is being releaed pretty soon on the history of the band.
^ I don't think they'll turn emo. I personally like the album cover. Oh and by the way, what does (as said by Issac) a "nautical balalaika carnival romp" sound like?
^i'm guessing a combination of june of '44, the electronical blips and such from 'Good News..' and whatever the hell balalaika is.

Sad Story:

A friend of mine was on a trip down to the beach (he was odd man out because some how i got kicked out from going.. but that's another story) and this kid Chris Santiago was going.. simply because he had a van. It seems is that all he likes to listen to is Salsa music... his cd or whatever was done and my friend opted for the next musical experience... he put in LCW and he swears to god not 20 seconds into Teeth like God's Shoeshine this Chris guy freaked out and told him to turn that **** off... no not just not really like the music... but violently upset. I can imagine it was a silent van for awhile after that.

The End
i like float on and paper thin walls
Rap --- Greenday

"life floats in a moving stream and you have
to move with it or it leaves you."
Quote by stepco12345
^That kid who freaked out has serious problems or is severely close minded.

i'd go with both.

I do not know a single person who has not liked Lonesome Crowded West. It's just too versatile. Even my step-mom likes it.
^ Yeah, everyone loves Modest Mouse. They're great, although they probably won't say they are. They are so Modest lol. Oh, that was a bad joke.
Good News holds a special place in my heart because Benjamin Weikel drums on it, I love Moon and Antarctica but i cant listen to it to much cuz its a little bit i dunno depressing lol, Lonesome Crowded west is great too.
^The more depressing, the better, in my opinion. I like The Moon And Antarctica alot, its my favourite album out of the four.

On a totally different note, is anyone else annoyed with the amount of EP's that Modest Mouse has released. When I was trying to comprise all their CD's, i got all confused because every album appeared to have the same songs on them and i didn't know which one's were the album and which ones were the EP's. It almost drove me crazy.