Page 4 of 26
Ah whoever said the new track names are wrong, they took them off of wikipedia.

And you cannot deny that This is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about is emo. Its not the sort of pop punk emo you hear on the radio, but some of the songs could definetyl be classified as emo.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
^no they couldn't ._.

i bet you took that "This is a long drive.. is emo" idea from the review about Lonesome Crowded West, wich says they moved from their emo sound to a more indie one, on this website, or you're the one who made the damn review.
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Just because some song have a little gloomy lyrics doesn't mean its classified as emo. They don't really sound anything like emo.
They dont sound emo in any of their other albums than "This is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about" But their is definite similarities to emo in that album, and just that album. I believe another listen is in order for all of you.

Gents, please. It's becoming rapidly more apparent to me cubedeathk types completely at random. Like he's lucid dreaming and typing the results or something. Just let him babble, normal discussion can continue without him.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic
Gents, please. It's becoming rapidly more apparent to me cubedeathk types completely at random. Like he's lucid dreaming and typing the results or something. Just let him babble, normal discussion can continue without him.

I think Ill sig that just because I need something else to sig.

I dont know it just seems like TIALDFSWTTA is there least coherent albums, I find myself wandering into other thoughta and a lot of the songs just seem to blend together.

Personally, Good News For People Who Like Bad News held my attention the least, typical as that opinion may be on the album. I hope Johnny Marr bucks their ideas up.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Well yea good news was just a bunch of songs that really didnt seem to fit together, not really an album oriented album, like the moon and antarctica.

M&A happens to be my favourite. It shoots straight for the subjects people avoid and tackles them in typical MM manner. Musically good too.
Good news seamed pretty coherent to me, sound wise. TIALDFSWNTTA pwns all others. best record ever
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
^not really, nothing REAL grabbinging.

My top 4:

4)Good News for People Who Loves Bad News
3)This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing to Think Aboot.
2)Lonesome Crowded West
1)The Moon And Antarctica

Just my opinion.
^ Well, I'll have to say (out of the albums I have).

1. This is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About
2. Building Nothing Out of Something
3. Lonesome Crowded West
4. The Moon & Antarctica
5. Everywhere and His Nasty Parlor Tricks
6. Good News for People Who Love Bad News

This is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About is by far my favorite.
Quote by frusciante.ve
they kinda sounds like red hot chilis, I like that.

....not really though...
Catcher In The Rye Is One Of The Best Books Ever Club

member #1 of the jim belushi club
Quote by frusciante.ve

.......uhh.............no

How did you come to that conclusion?
Quote by frusciante.ve

oh, no! they don't it's a weird music... it sounds like nothing else
^ Extacly, their is not really one band that i could sorta compare them too. There is nothing that i've heard that sound like them.
Brock also said the record's penultimate track will be Modest Mouse's first-ever foray into hip-hop; the track, "Bump Dat Trick (On a Glistening Sea of Tranquility)," will feature Busta Rhymes, plus Marr's mad beat-box skills. It is noted that this song is about Brock's rape case, with Brock screaming "Bitch, I'm innocent!" repeatedly.[citation needed]

Well this came off of wikipedia. Hip hop aye? Looks like the mouse are selling out.

I meant moreso selling out in the same way Nelly Furtado did, go hip hop and rap for the masses.

Quote by cubedeathk
Brock also said the record's penultimate track will be Modest Mouse's first-ever foray into hip-hop; the track, "Bump Dat Trick (On a Glistening Sea of Tranquility)," will feature Busta Rhymes, plus Marr's mad beat-box skills. It is noted that this song is about Brock's rape case, with Brock screaming "Bitch, I'm innocent!" repeatedly.[citation needed]

Well this came off of wikipedia. Hip hop aye? Looks like the mouse are selling out.

haven't we learned not to trust wikipedia yet?

cutting a hip hop track is way under the 'selling out' meter when compaired to the car commercial they did a few years back
Yea they did it but that was before they really had any money, he said it was just because it was either do the commercial or get evicted or something like that.

Quote by cubedeathk

Don't you know anyone can go into there and just **** around? Probably some asshat went in and posted a bunch of made up ****.
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...

Quote by cubedeathk
Yea they did it but that was before they really had any money, he said it was just because it was either do the commercial or get evicted or something like that.

didn't he just say that about other commercials they've done? like didn't they do a beer one?

the car commercial was sometime after the moon and antarctica- unless isaac was living the high life, it's hard to believe he was hurting for money.
hey, this is my first post so go easy on me! Modest Mouse is easily one of my top ten favorite bands of all time. But i have a question. Does any body know what kind of guitar effects they are using by chance? I really like their sound. thanks
theyre coming over this november. tickets for a date in london came on sale on seetickets the other night, but they took them off now. i would have got tickets but they dont deliver to unis. oh well. ill end up with tickets im sure.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by starsnostars
didn't he just say that about other commercials they've done? like didn't they do a beer one?

the car commercial was sometime after the moon and antarctica- unless isaac was living the high life, it's hard to believe he was hurting for money.

If the commercial was shot after TMAA album, than yeha, i doubt they were low on money. But still, That wouldn't class them as sellin out. It was a CAR commercial. One possibly two commercials. Give them a break. They probably did it just for fun.

- The Freak
Wikipedia says the new album come out next year, that makes me mad.

What the crap? What the hell are they waiting for?! They already finished the record, PUT IT OUT!

- The Freak
i think im going to one of their shows either on the 7th or the 9th at the grove in anehiem which should be amazing, im really looking forward to it...
After giving in to all the hype over these guys, I finally bought the Moon and Antarctica. It's a great album, and I like the songwriting.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
Hay guys, new song...CLICKY
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...