is there a pedal that can boost the volume level but not crunch the sound? basically my delima is that ive got the sound i want coming from my amp for clean and slight crunch and then a doubleshot for my drive, but there are times where i want to kick it in the ass a little more, but theres the catch, it cant distort the sound, just a good clean level boost

anything out there?
"insert witty somewhat racial, innapropriate, degrading comment here"
put a volume pedal in the effects loop of your amp. best volume pedal would be an ernie ball. it'll boost volume without gaining up the amp (it essential limits your volume, there aer no electronics involved)
There are pedals that can boost the signal of the clean sound, but not have it actually breakup, there's some clean boosts that do this.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
But boosting the signal between your guitar and your amp might create some preamp distortion depending on your amp, if you put the boost in the effects loop i'm not sure what would happen, volume pedal wouldn't alter the sound in anyways, it'd just limit the volume whilst your playing your normal parts and then you'd push it down and the volume would rise up to the amps volume.
Boss Eq pedal can be used to cut the sound the boost it when u hi the pedal, just turn ure amp a little louder.
Quote by suicidalmoose
But boosting the signal between your guitar and your amp might create some preamp distortion depending on your amp, if you put the boost in the effects loop i'm not sure what would happen, volume pedal wouldn't alter the sound in anyways, it'd just limit the volume whilst your playing your normal parts and then you'd push it down and the volume would rise up to the amps volume.

I was reading a thread on HC, and someone was talking about a booster pedal that boosted the clean, but made the breakup threashold higher, so the signal stayed clean but boosted.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
im lost as to what you all are saying about the volume pedal...i have one and it doesnt boost anything....the only thing i could do with that would be to sound check with it a bit low then smash it when i needed boost (which ive thought of, but i need more of an exact science)

i might try the eq pedal idea, just set it flat and low, keep it engaged all the time, then cut it off for boost...well see
yer i was just thinking with the volume pedal that u'd keep it so that it's limiting your volume and like delimit your volume when u want to play louder or something. Get a sonic maximizer stomp :P it'll just clear you up when u play certain parts.
you know i hadnt thought of that, i have a 482i for my bass rig....maybe that little stomp version could help....hrmmm