Cuz im really stuipd and i dont know any of u so i dotn care wht u think about me....im gonna ask how do u drop d or w/e it is ur tunin on ur bass. im erally stuipd...but im not tht stupid...so just simple instructions (dont use big words)
Drop D is basically tuning your lowest string (your E string) down to a D. You got a tuner?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
where do you get those little pictures with the band on it from?
Some Guy?
Go to the New Members Q&A forum
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by h0d0g
Cuz im really stuipd and i dont know any of u so i dotn care wht u think about me....im gonna ask how do u drop d or w/e it is ur tunin on ur bass. im erally stuipd...but im not tht stupid...so just simple instructions (dont use big words)

Tune your E string down two semitones.

E - Eb - D
dude ok ragular tuning on bass is E,A,D,G (low to high) when u hold the second dot from the top (or 5) on the E string it should sound like the A string, when u tune down to Drop D the tuning is D,A,D,G but is dosnt sound like the second D string (the skinny one) now if u hold the third dot (or 7) it should sound like the A string its basicly sounds like its two frets lower ok I think I didn't use big words k try it out
Regular tuning
E|--5~--|
A|---0~-|
D|------|
G|------|
Sound the same
Drop D
D|--7~--|
A|---0~-|
D|------|
G|------|
Sound the same
cuz.. im not tht smart n i dont haf a really good ear..i haf a Korg Tuner...n it has the button FLAT...so if i want to tune it down 2 semitones...do i press the FLAT button ONCE or TWICE
Neither. Just play the E string and tune it downwards until your tuner reads D.. That's it, bro..
Quote by Mr.Glue
dude ok ragular tuning on bass is E,A,D,G (low to high) when u hold the second dot from the top (or 5) on the E string it should sound like the A string, when u tune down to Drop D the tuning is D,A,D,G but is dosnt sound like the second D string (the skinny one) now if u hold the third dot (or 7) it should sound like the A string its basicly sounds like its two frets lower ok I think I didn't use big words k try it out
Regular tuning
E|--5~--|
A|---0~-|
D|------|
G|------|
Sound the same
Drop D
D|--7~--|
A|---0~-|
D|------|
G|------|
Sound the same

That was the most confusing description ever. It didn't help that you tabbed it upside down
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
ok cuz im really smart i used wht MetalUPthe Ass n Mr. Glue i was able to figure out how to Drop D...hahha i pwned u all...

Lol thx n cheers guys
Quote by Applehead
Neither. Just play the E string and tune it downwards until your tuner reads D.. That's it, bro..

The korg tuner, unfortunately does not do that.
Quote by Tallman

The Korg CA-30 chromatic tuner can.

This was a cool resource I found when I couldn't be arsed to get up and get my tuner. It has a Drop D function.

http://www.tunemybass.com/
Quote by Tallman

What are you talking about? I have had both the grey and black one and both can do that...
So how am I supposed to take anything you say seriously,
when you've swapped free will for faith, hope and pre-destiny?
yes!! the CA-30 rocks!!!!! and it can go as low as you want and as high as you want...ive played with it for a while just sitting and tuning my guitar so low the string gets stuck to the pickup....and i almost snapped a string tuning it up!!!
"The grass is always greener on the other side..."
Quote by tetsuma
Bass work is just as important as guitar work, its people who dont understand this who fail.
Quote by BroDD
What are you talking about? I have had both the grey and black one and both can do that...

Mine doesnt.

Though mine caused my neck/body join to split because it said i was flat all the time.
Quote by Tallman
Mine doesnt.

Though mine caused my neck/body join to split because it said i was flat all the time.

Is it really hot where you live or do you leave your bass in the sun?
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Quote by metalstillsucks
Is it really hot where you live or do you leave your bass in the sun?

Scotland

But the weather here really messes with tunings. It changes so suddenly.
Quote by Tallman
Scotland

But the weather here really messes with tunings. It changes so suddenly.

Probably changes a lot.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
You can play your D string and your low E string simultaneously, then tune the E down so it sounds like the D (you'll hear it, its an octave down from the D string)

OR use a chromatic tuner

OR tune as if you were tuning the E normally except instead of doing it on the 5th fret do it on the 7th