i wana know if any of you out there have heard the brilliance of Angra.it is well put together brilliant prog-rock and i believe its on the same page as dream theater.the difference i would say is more individual brilliance in dream theatre while angra is more well layered together.but someone just post something about them or where i can find more about them cause im fckn hooked as hell on this.
I don't think they're anywhere near as good as Dream Theater.
'If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the Universe' - Carl Sagan.
IMO Dream Theater are much much better but i still LOVE Angra. Defenetly the best Progressive Power Metal band and I believe that Angra is more "individual brilliance" than Dream Theater..You can obviously hear that in Dream Theater, they each support other's playing.
Quote by metalmonsterr
The first time i heard about Granny Sluts 16 on DVD i was like OMG AWESOME.I feel like they made it just for me, then after i saw it the black granny at the end just makes me feel really awkward and depressed
Quote by flamencogod
they are damn good but not comparable with dream theater...although they are just as good in what they do. Which is making prog-powermetal!

Agreed.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
I really really like Angra. I got a few of their songs off Limewire a while ago and they've just really grown on me. Anyone know any dealers outside Japan where you could get a Tagima guitar like their lead guitarist, it seems sweet
RE: Al DiMeola
Quote by Bill69

he sucks, why woudlnt u play guitar with a pick? oh ya, thats cuz you suck. kerry king owns whoever this guy is

Member 03 of the Yngwie Malmsteen fanclub PM Yngwie Malmstien to join.
So that's what it is! Yeah it looks like it has a bazillion frets and just looks really smoothe to play.

Great band. Temple of Shadows is really really good...the only thing is the 2nd half of the album sorta drops off in goodness.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
I think they're better than Dream Theater, although Dream Theater is amazing.
Theres an Angra group link in my sig, there are loads of vids of angra on that group.

G
GUI
GUITA
GUITARH
GUITARHEAD
GUITARH
GUITA
GUI
G

Satch fans?

Joe Satriani ...(group) ...(join it)
Angra is amazing. First song I heard by them was their cover of Judas Priest's Painkiller. Then I grabbed a bunch of other stuff. Haven't listened to them in a long time though.