Basically, after going through the lists given in the information sticky, it didn't have much as far as amps available in the USA that can do what I need for a reasonable price. It doesn't have to be the BEST, but at least damn good.

I need something that can do Slayer or Malmsteen depending on what I'm playing, and cost less than $1000 USD.

All help is appreciated, and a cookie will be rewarded to whoever helps me pick out the right amp.

Again, thank you.
Engl 50 Screamer perhaps if you want a bright tone. Some used mesa if your going for a dark tone
peavey?
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
obviously a line 6 spider 2 :P

a laney valve stack/combo mite do u well, bit more organic then the engl.
Both of those guys use Marshall Jcm800's I think. They go for less than 1000$ on ebay sometimes.
Carvin Legacy?

it was in a shop i go to, and some dud ewas blastin out Angel of Death, and it sounded pretty kick ass.

plus its a Shred amp. and its like $800 or more i think, under $1,000.
R.I.P. Dime
"Forever Shred On"
Malmsteen uses JTM45's but most of his tone comes from a bunch of pedals.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
you could get a used Peavey 5150. They go for well under $1000 on ebay and could get you those tones.
It's okay, but its the low end of the line for Peavey tube amps. With $1000, there is much better.

Everyone so far has made pretty good suggestions
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by Rox0r713
Except they're way more expensive than less than $1000

Plus I refuse to buy an amp over ebay. 100% garunteed crap!

"What? The amp doesn't have anything inside it?"

It's new or nothing, unless I can test it before buying.

Have fun buying stuff for up to 2-3 times as much as you could buy used then, for the exact same thing.

Me? I'll stick to local classifieds, and forumites selling gear over on other forums, and gasp, even 100% gauranteed crap ebay!

Last edited by electrik at Jul 22, 2006,
Quote by Rox0r713
Except they're way more expensive than less than $1000

Plus I refuse to buy an amp over ebay. 100% garunteed crap!

"What? The amp doesn't have anything inside it?"

It's new or nothing, unless I can test it before buying.

I got a Peavey XXX half stack for under 1000 on ebay, and it was all in perfect condition. I mean absolutly mark free perfect.

I guess there has to be some moron to buy the stuff new for the smart ones to later buy used for half the price...
Of course a Peavey XXX was under $1000. However, any of the other decent amps that people suggested are closer to $1500+ brand new, and used on Ebay go from $1200+. Frankly, saving a few dollars by buying from someone you've never met and have no knowledge of how they might have ****ed it up rather than spending a few extra to get something new and likely on warranty is what's truly moronic.

Enjoy your junk and hand-me-downs.
yeah either find a shop that sells used amps, buy from classifieds or go ebay. Youll get something waaay better doing that than you will if you buy new. That being said i suggest a Marshall JCM 800 (used)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah either find a shop that sells used amps, buy from classifieds or go ebay. Youll get something waaay better doing that than you will if you buy new. That being said i suggest a Marshall JCM 800 (used)

Thanks. I'll look into the local circuit and see what I can dig up. It seems that the JCM800 is the way to go for me.

It's not that I mind used, but I definitely will not buy something used that I can't test out or at least inspect before purchasing.

Edit:
And I just found a JCM800 head with a 4x12 behringer cab for $950. Offers being accepted on the head by itself.
Last edited by Rox0r713 at Jul 22, 2006,
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG15MSII-Micro-Stack?sku=482705 ftw dude even zakk wylde says the over drive is crushing

lol jk jcm
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.