Few new amps from Orange...

The Tunderverb 200

The Orange TV200H Thunderverb 200H is a 4-gain stage 200-watt RMS valve head amp, switchable to 100-watt output. 2 channels, CH1 with slope EQ and Ch2 with 3-way EQ mean a vast choice of guitar tones, from clean to very crunched. Switchable power output 10 100-watts RMS means all the tones are available regardless of output power level. Valve driven effects loop and reverb increases tone possibilities
More information and specs here:
Thunderverb 200

The release date for this i believe is beginning of August. Retailing at around £1,399.

Also they're bringing out a new 15Watt Valve Portable Guitar Head which is due for the following month. Retail approx £299.

Tiny Terror

Funny name though.

I?ll seriously be considering getting the thunderverb 200. I?ve always been into Orange amps. As they just sound great and look fun!
200watts though... I'm sure no-one needs that loudness and headroom!

Seems cool, but I wouldn't get it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
orange amps are awesome, although i agree that the 200 watter is unnecessary
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
True the 200 Watt power is a bit excessive.... At least you can switch it to 100 Watt output.

200 watts all tube would actually kill someone.......

^^
Quote by erotic_snails
ive just bough a line6 spyder 212. have i made the right choice?

What the hell has that got to do with orange amps???............but the spider's arent great, at first they seem nice with all their shiny button, effects and amp models then the sterile, toneless cancer of the amp world sets in............

overall the spider isnt bad but there are better things for the pirce really
Just in time, I was looking for a nice low watt valve amp and just about to grab a ValBee, but I think I'll save a few more penny's and drop them on the Tiny Terror. Schweet!
Yeah, the Tiny Terror looks like a good buy. I think the £299 is only RRP too. I'm looking forward to them both
im suprised orange amps hasnt taken off more then they have. i believe they make quite possibly the nicest amps around (they cost a pretty penny tho)
the AD serries has nice cleans with good high end response
the rocker series have amazing guns n' roses distortion on them (lost of bass)
the crush series are great begginers amps 2
"i disagree, I play on my own and if I had to play through my avt for another minute I'd probably poke a fork into the input, with the hope of both electrocuting myself and destroying the amp in one fell swoop."
-Dave_mc

Best video ever
Agreed. I started off with a Crush 15 and it still being used now, great for just jamming at a friends house.
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
What the hell has that got to do with orange amps???............but the spider's arent great, at first they seem nice with all their shiny button, effects and amp models then the sterile, toneless cancer of the amp world sets in............

overall the spider isnt bad but there are better things for the pirce really

exactly. i sold mine for a reason.

edit: at least you got the really loud one.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
to be honest, as retro or wateva as their looks are, i think that's wat is screwing them up, they either look too expensive or too cheap and i'd feel weird about having a huge orange amp behind me playing some mainstream metal or something (seeing as thats what most of the amp market has to cater for).
i like there look actually, lots of hardcore bands are using them, (i dont know if metal bandds are using them)
"i disagree, I play on my own and if I had to play through my avt for another minute I'd probably poke a fork into the input, with the hope of both electrocuting myself and destroying the amp in one fell swoop."
-Dave_mc

Best video ever
yeah, back on topic, i think it would actually be cool playing in front of a gigantic orange stack. that whole 'attitude' thing.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
i wasn sayin i didn like how they looked, i was tryin to justify the reason why their sales are ****, apart from the pretty high price tags.
I do like the look of them I understand you though. I guess some people are put off by the Orange colour. Yeah you can get them in black but then it wouldnt be a Orange amp.
tehy should make them in red or something, i guess a lot of posers and ppl who think tehy are hard core would buy them then, it's just orange as a colour i think, like the amps look good, but who can honestly say that their favourite colour is orange? it's more of a fruit then a colour.
Quote by seljer
People buy them for the sound, not the color. Whats the point in a red Orange amp???

http://www.fayschool.org/fac/claire/page11_1973.jpg

though I think I once saw some green ones somewhere, might have been something from http://www.matamp.co.uk/ which has some vaugely similiar amps

if peple bought them for their sound then they wouldn't care if it was orange, black or red!

all i'm saying is that they'd have a better market appeal if they changed their fixture with orange, then again i guess that orange colour has become apart of their market appeal in the first place. I couldn't imagine myself for one, i'd feel like i'm paying too much for the brandname to be honest, they aren't the cheapest of amps.
I love their amps. But i agree with you when, I d buy them for the sound (which is ace) the colour is just a bonus.
Quote by suicidalmoose
tehy should make them in red or something, i guess a lot of posers and ppl who think tehy are hard core would buy them then, it's just orange as a colour i think, like the amps look good, but who can honestly say that their favourite colour is orange? it's more of a fruit then a colour.

Actually, orange is my favorite color.

But anyway...I'm looking into the Tiny Terror.
that tiny terror does look intriguing.

hows the gain on these things? i take it they pretty british and marshly right? so not high gain american or wateva. still intrigue me howeva.
Quote by suicidalmoose
that tiny terror does look intriguing.

hows the gain on these things? i take it they pretty british and marshly right? so not high gain american or wateva. still intrigue me howeva.

It hasnt yet been released. Shipping date is September 2006. I'm sure i'll be trying one out as soon as i can though.