I really like this band

one of my favorite songs has to be their cover of 99 red balloons.

yep....
same here
espicially since they do one verse in german
Quote by apocalypse13

Quote by Beckerism
I ain't ghetto foo! I's just keeping it real!

Keep it real man.
Click.
Open your eyes is one of my favurite song of Goldfinger.
What do you think about the last album?
Very good band, unfortunately their two most recent CDs are terrible editions to their impressive library. Hung-Ups is still my favortie just because of it's overall ska/punk sound, but Stomping Ground took them into Pop-Punk and is still really their only good pop-punk album. Both Open Your Eyes and Disconnection Notice feature songs that showed no artist individuality.

Please take the time to read my brief rant on them:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288262&highlight=Goldfinger
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
I agree for the last one (Disconnection notice) but not for Open your eyes.

It is (my opinion) one of there best CD with Stomping Ground.
You can see in those albums that they put much more work in it.
the only song ive ever heard was in tony hawk 1 for n64. I still cant figure out how to manual in that game.
Quote by 4e574e57363g
pwnt

Quote by VodkaPunk
Greatest post ever.
Goldfinger are ace, heard their first album and Open Yours Eyes. Two very fine albums in my opinion

It's nice to hear an upbeat poppy band like this every once in a while

Funny band as well
My favorite album by them is Hang Ups, the one with "Superman" (song from Tony Hawk). Stomping Ground was good too. I haven't heard much of the newer stuff though.
Yeah, I didn't really know them until I went to GIAN. They put on a bloody good show
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
i was obbsessed with 'superman' on there 2nd album ,whitch was on tony hawk 1,

there new album wasnt that good but the song 'I want' from there new album is my favourite and not many people know or have the tab for that song either

'open your eyes' is my favourite album, its the most original
Quote by Stevethegreat
the only song ive ever heard was in tony hawk 1 for n64. I still cant figure out how to manual in that game.

there arent manuels in th1 ,only th2
goldfinger used to rock, but john feldmann seems to be spending a lot of time with other bands like The Used, Story of the Year and Showoff. disconnection Notice was a bit disapointn but i loved open your eyes
Quote by Idiot_Son
goldfinger used to rock, but john feldmann seems to be spending a lot of time with other bands like The Used, Story of the Year and Showoff. disconnection Notice was a bit disapointn but i loved open your eyes

He's gettin older and wants to help younger bands, good for him in my opinion
Wayne Greztky
The only man I'd have sex with
Wayne Gretzky
I would love to get Intimate with...
Wayne Gretzky!
I think he's kinda sexy
Wayne Greztky
I wonder what he looks like naked
I wonder what it would be like to have sex with the great one.
I wonder what it would be like to have sex with teh Leagues leading scorer
Jesse Wants To Die Just As Much As You Want Him Dead
^^that is too true.

wasn't it on a tony hawks game, or did i just dream that up?
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Quote by Mister Sambert
I used to be obssesed with the song that went "don't wanna rest, don't wanna breath, ect" when I heard it in one of the Tony Hawk games, but that was years ago and I never bothered to look into them.

That's called 'Spokesman' and it's from their Open Your Eyes album. Sort of funny how the two songs they had on Tony Hawks both ended in 'man.'
Quote by GiantRaven
He's gettin older and wants to help younger bands, good for him in my opinion

And here's a little random fact that I hate John Feldman for: He produced Hillary Duff's newest album.

If you had read the rant I posted you'd already havea better understanding of Goldfinger's history, including that.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288262&highlight=Goldfinger
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Guys, I've obtained a copy of the new Goldfinger album...

It's called "Hello Destiny." The artwork uses the old Goldfinger font and drawings, which does suggest that they are regressing somewhat to their old sound.

I'm still trying to work out how much I like the album. Some songs have made instant impact with me. They do dabble in ska, much like the old days. "The Only One" is a really catchy ska tune, with the trademark Goldfinger horn-line "stabs"; the song sounds a lot like "Carlita" but with better backing vocals. "Get Up" is a ska/punk hybrid - and a decent one at that - and sounds similar to "Answers."

The melodies are insanely catchy, in particular the songs "Goodbye", "War" and "Not Amused" seem to permeate your conciousness quickly.

It's weird...it's like a hyrbid of their older and newer sound...lyrically, think more "Open Your Eyes", sound-wise think a mixture of "Self Titled" to "Stomping Ground" and with the production levels of "Disconnection Notice."

It's good. But I don't know how good yet. I need more time with this album, I think.

Tracklist:

One More Time
Get Up
Goodbye
Without Me
The Only One
War
How Do You Do It
Bury Me
Not Amused
Handjobs For Jesus
Free Kevin Jonas
Bonus Track

EDIT: Gotta say, the lyrics aren't great. They're ok. But not great.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
Last edited by DisgruntledDuck at Apr 8, 2008,
Quote by Stevethegreat

i dont think they had manuals back then

but yeah, sadly the only 2 songs i've ever heard by them were Superman and 99 Red Balloons. But with this new cd, I wanna get into them some more, i like them
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Yeah, I've always been obsessed with superman.

It's amazing what THPS has done for some bands really.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
i used to proper love goldfinger, hang ups is still one of my favourite cd's ever, ill probably end up getting the new cd even though it will probably suck

at first i thought open your eyes was dreadful, but after more listening i think it really does have some classic goldfinger on it, "dad" is a huge tune

my main complaint with them is john feldman ramming veganism/vegetarianism down my throat at every opportunity, did the last album really need sounbytes from that bitch from PETA on it? no, it didnt, peta are assholes & eating animals pwns
Quote by FuzzyBear
i used to proper love goldfinger, hang ups is still one of my favourite cd's ever, ill probably end up getting the new cd even though it will probably suck

at first i thought open your eyes was dreadful, but after more listening i think it really does have some classic goldfinger on it, "dad" is a huge tune

my main complaint with them is john feldman ramming veganism/vegetarianism down my throat at every opportunity, did the last album really need sounbytes from that bitch from PETA on it? no, it didnt, peta are assholes & eating animals pwns

I don't like the Vegetarian politics either; lucky for us, the new album does have some vegans song on it (Free Kevin Jonas, Get Up). Seriously though, this new album is pretty good. Really catchy, very upbeat. It's good stuff. Considering the turbulent year John has had, I give him credit for this album. Charlie returning might have helped too.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
Last edited by DisgruntledDuck at Apr 9, 2008,
Urgh i can't stand that song behind the mask. Everytime that voice comes on i just want to find her and hit her. And eat a big steak.
I agree with superman and 99 red balloons being huge tunes. I have most of their albums, i'd say Hang up's is easily their best one.
Quote by Its_Rock77
Yeah, I've always been obsessed with superman.

It's amazing what THPS has done for some bands really.

Yeah, some of my most favorite songs I’ve ever heard have always come from some Tony Hawk Game... Superman is one of them
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Great band, they have the talent to be funny and smart. John Feldmann is a legend. This band is really one of the great ska bands of the late 90s.
NoFX
Screeching Weasel
The Queers
Blink-182
Lagwagon
GoldFinger
did they have 2 lead singers? because on youtube, the guy singing superman has spikey white hair, and the other guy has kinda flat black hair in I want.

love teh band.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Ive never listened to them beyond a couple songs, but Im probably seeing them this summer with Less Than Jake and the Suburban Legends. They put on a good show?