Here's a better pic:
Peavey Valveking Royal 8

5w, 8ohm, looks like it could be killer (pending the price).

What does everyone else feel about it?
Attachments:
Valveking Royal 8 Small.jpg
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
looks like a nice practice amp
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
I dunno. I see Peavey and Epiphone trying to flood the market with their low end entry-level tube amps, playign up the flawed perception that it's better to have a tube amp than a ss amp. I personally wouldn't touch any amp - tube or otherwise - unless it had FEATURES. Things like dual channels with independent EQs are not 'nice to have' features. They're NECESSARY.

But as long as the price is right, this amp, plus a distortion pedal would be a good starter amp. Beyond that, it would maybe be a good portable practice solution at best.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
on the contrary, i think for a practice amp features can make it really annoying if you just wanna sit down and have a bit of time practicing, use pedals and so on for features, i don't think there's much need to channel switch if your practicing some riffs, doing some alt picking, or fooling around with your guitar. that sort of stuff comes more into the intermediate/advanced stage of guitar when you shuold be able to treat yourself to something bigger and better. but for what these little amps are, it's a good introduction to good tone for beginners imo, though a cube might feel better in terms of flexibility at the start.
In that respect, this would probably do the trick.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor