I have pretty thin strings on my electric (38-6) and they are pretty slack.....if I wanted the strings to be tighter.....could I put thicker gauge strings on, or wouldn't this change anything?
Thanks Phil
.....Glow In The Dark Condoms.....Rise And Shine....
holy **** those are small strings. i usually use 9's or 10's and theyre fine.
Quote by SchecterFreak
like i said..i feel like a dumass... oh!!! man you are refering to your abreviated name wow..i really feel stupid *blushes* god... sorry USHO.

man i feel like a **** now...
where do you even get strings like that?
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
dang dude
those are small strings you could try a different brand of strings
Quote by apocalypse13

Quote by Beckerism
I ain't ghetto foo! I's just keeping it real!

Keep it real man.
Click.
Quote by wingedgopher
where do you even get strings like that?
yeah dude. ive never even seen them.
Quote by SchecterFreak
like i said..i feel like a dumass... oh!!! man you are refering to your abreviated name wow..i really feel stupid *blushes* god... sorry USHO.

man i feel like a **** now...
Yeah. serves me right for sending my dad to get me the strings........I shall go tomorrow and get some decent ones.
I normally use ernie ball ones, but they are some chinese sign :S!
Phil
Thicker guage would add more tension, thus making them tighter over the fretboard - They will be more difficult to play however than lesser guage strings.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
u might have to set up ur guitar after you string change.
dont go too heavy on the gauge switch, change one string at a time, and if ur getting buzz repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yeah, the ones on my other guitars are thicker.....i seem to remember having to change the action a little bit on one of them, because they were nasty stock strings!
Blimey........ not being funny mate but are you sure they're 6's?

Not that I doubt you but the lightest strings I've ever seen are 8's and they were as loose as my mother-in-laws tongue.
I didn't know six guage strings were made. Put some 11's on there, for god's sake! You'll definately have to make some adjustments for the intonation.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
If he goes from 6's to 11's they'll feel like steel rods.

I'd go for 9's if I were you.
I'm going to put tens on (when i get back from work today lol), that's what I normally use.
The case I had for the strings was like a really old printed label, and it had some strange name, then 6-38......but 6 does seem mega thin lol.
Anyways, just a thought, I take it they will go sharper now, so a bit more trebly?
Just a thought, lol.
Phil