Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
pretty ill, i'd say go for it
Gibson LesPaul Standard 1958 Custom Shop
Fender Stratocaster 70s Reissue
Charvel-Jackson Vintage Acoustic
Vox ac30
very good. amp very loud and excellent specs. great vintage tones from it and Canadian-made quality. it is a great amp for classic rock sounds but not so much new-age music like metal, hardcore, shred, or punk. it just doesn't have that much distortion on it. if you want more distortion check out the Custom Valve 50BLUE also from Traynor. it has EL34's in it which give it a harder hitting distortion and is more for the metal type music still vintage style, but more so than the 80 watt. also 80 watts is a bit too much, unless you are gigging weekly that's too much for bedroom level.
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul

check out my first guitar build, the razorback!
Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join.
I have the YCV40 WR and I love it to death. Best tube combo I've ever played. 80 watts seems like a lot unless you're playing frequent, large gigs though. You may want to consider moving down to the 50 blue or 40 just to save some money. They are still loud as hell.
Traynor make excellent amps, especially considering their relatively low prices. I have a Traynor YCV50 Blue and it's an amazing amp. I strongly recommend it, or any of the YCV series.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
i will be. i will also be using it to play guitar in jazz band, which usually has a crowd of 500-600 people
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
Quote by curtis loew
i will be. i will also be using it to play guitar in jazz band, which usually has a crowd of 500-600 people

The YCV80 will still be very loud, even for that. When I was playing in a jazz band, I was using a 75 watt SS Randall (not my amp, the band directors amp). We played in front of around 300 people usually, and the volume never went over 7 (usually it stayed around 5). However, that's mostly because you barely hear a guitar in a jazz band (especially over horns). You could deffinately get away with a YCV40 or 50 for crowds that size. Although, I still encourage the YCV50 or YCV80 because of the features they have over the 40.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
dude 80 watts tube might be an overkill, my friend and I played a talent show at our schools gym and there was probably 1000 people there with the students, faculty, staff, and parents and his 40 watts tube was almost too loud, i had to hook my 30 watt up to the p.a
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

ok. but im gettin the 80 watt because i wanna be able to have it in the middle, be able to turn it down, but be able to make it louder also
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack