Anyone know about the quality of the liscensed Floyds on Jackson's? I am looking at an RR3, but I am a little worried about the quality of the trem tho. I've heard that the 06 models are better than the others, is this true?
I would assume they are the same as other LFR, hit or miss. I've also heard that the newer ones are better for some reason, risky but hey I do love rhoads'
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
well if its a jt580 and it dies you can replace it with an ofr otherwise the news could be improved and have harder metals but i dont know could be still crap and die out on you.
ya i hear about the hit or miss thing alot, but the floyd on my '06 rr3 has never given me any troubles wutsoever, i barley ever have to worry about going out of tune and if it does go out of tune its only a tick off
"We could only wonder what he would have accomplished is his life hadn't ended so early"

----Randy Rhoads----
i have one of those same trems and its lasted me with no problems whatsoever for 8 months and when it does die you can swap in an OFR

EDIT: just read that back and it may not be very clear, its been 8 months since i got it and its still going fine now and thats with regular divebombs, "the motorbike noise" and all kinds of sh*t
Last edited by Diamond Dave at Jul 21, 2006,
Quote by Diamond Dave
i have one of those same trems and its lasted me with no problems whatsoever for 8 months and when it does die you can swap in an OFR

EDIT: just read that back and it may not be very clear, its been 8 months since i got it and its still going fine now and thats with regular divebombs, "the motorbike noise" and all kinds of sh*t

motorbike noise is easy to hit with a two point trem. i hit it with the schools jackson lol
some more high end jacksons actually have real OFRs in...the others are ok, but i prefer edge pro tbh
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by azn_guitarist25
motorbike noise is easy to hit with a two point trem. i hit it with the schools jackson lol

yeah i know, motorbike noise is easy hey

in some other thread were somebody posted the herman li video people were going on about how incredible it is and i was just sittin here like this thinking "thats easy to do"
Some of the Jackson Licensed Floyds are pretty decent.

Hit 'n miss.

I think Ibanez FRs are better than jacksons, because ibanez has better quality control.
Quote by Invictious
Some of the Jackson Licensed Floyds are pretty decent.

Hit 'n miss.

I think Ibanez FRs are better than jacksons, because ibanez has better quality control.

yeh some Ibanez FR's are better than Jackson's though low end both are pretty crap but can be both exchanged for some other quality trem luckily