I had never really given a listen to Los Lonely Boys until they were on Conan last night and i watched their performance and it was awesome! I was wondering if any of you saw it and what song they played.
"Singin a song about a song that I wrote just the other day."
the guitar player is prettty good, but they are too country for me.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Quote by noah22791
the guitar player is prettty good, but they are too country for me.

country? are you ****ting me? they are more like blues or something around there. latin?
I dont know what song they played but Henry Garza is an amazing player check out the song "onda" off their first record it is really good...he only plays mexican strats, i thought that was pretty cool
'00 Les Paul
They are Texican Rock.
R.I.P. Shawn "Memphis Monster" Lane

Member #8 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Yeah I consider them blues-rock with that mexican sound added in. I personally think they are incredible and one of the best bands Ive heard in awhile.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
Last edited by IrishBlues at Jul 20, 2006,
Whatever kind of music they play they play it well.
"Singin a song about a song that I wrote just the other day."
I love Henry Garza's guitar playing, but otherwise I'm not too big on them. That performance on Conan wasn't bad, though.
Quote by slinks
I love Henry Garza's guitar playing, but otherwise I'm not too big on them.

Same.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Im going to see them on Saturday, just beacuse I won free tickets.

And Garza is one of the better guitarists in modern music today, hes pretty amazing
i say them on conan too and i want to know what song they played as well
Did they write that song Far From Heaven? Because its really good, just seems like i've heard it somewhere else before.
^
Yeah, they did. Annoyed by the lyrics though, otherwise it was a good song.

Their new single is Diamonds I think.
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
Did they write that song Far From Heaven? Because its really good, just seems like i've heard it somewhere else before.

It's called Heaven, not Far From Heaven.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
the three of them play very well together, ive already seen them twice. although the last show wasnt spectacular they were excellent when opening for santana a while back
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
One of my favorite bands. I have their real first release, which is extremely rare. It's self titled, but it's got different songs than their major label debut and it's on Sofa King records.
Quote by MelodyMaker
I dont know what song they played but Henry Garza is an amazing player check out the song "onda" off their first record it is really good...he only plays mexican strats, i thought that was pretty cool

Yeah, Onda is by far their best song.

Quote by waylay00
They are Texican Rock.

It's Texan you tool.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Last edited by Hanzi_G at Jul 24, 2006,
Quote by Hanzi_G
Yeah, Onda is by far their best song.

It's Texan you tool.

1. Texican- adj (or noun I guess)

Of or referring to a cros between Texan and Mexican cultures.

Funny thing, I bought an issue of guitar world once with them in it... I had never heard of them. Everywhere I read was talking about Heaven being a big radio hit but I had never heard it... so I downloaded it today. Now Im gonna go get the albums.

oh, and calling them Country is like calling SRV country.
Gear
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Fender Deluxe Reverb
Jaguar | Stratocaster | Telecaster | Jazzmaster
Last edited by WrathofKahn at Jul 25, 2006,
Everybody needs to get "Sacred", their new album!

Here's some of the awesome tracks:
Roses - co-written by Doobie Bros. Most lovely song on album, and an instant classic with the likes of Allman Bros., Hendrix, Doobies!
Oye Mamacita - funky Texican Rock. Can you say wah wah!
Texican Style - Nice use of accordian and has a great Tejano style. This is what the LLB are all about here.
Living My Life - nice rock ballad with awesome 50 second slow guitar solo
My Way - This has to be the next single for sure. Sound like "Senorita" from the first album. Great guitar solo with nice horn section.
Yea they're an awesome band...... really like the blues/country/latin sort of thing they've got going on....
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
I saw them on there, and yeah I never really cared for them or anything but that song was awesome and yeah, I'm gonna have to download some.
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
I absolutley cannot stand them. Their song Heaven is horrible. I'd rather listen to nails on a chalkboard for 8 hours than listen to them.
Coldplay Rocks