ratings on this amp?
i'm pretty set on either this amp or the roland cube 60 for a new amp.

i play mainly punk/rock/screamo
and some metal and older stuff
along with a little pop punk
Best amp in its price range IMO. Its got great sound, 2 clean voicings, 3 dirty making it extremely versatile. You can get almost any tone out of this amp. It's loaded with loads of great features in terms of inputs and putpouts, loops, etc, and loud enough for any gig.

I played one of these for 6 years. I've played and owned a lot of amps over the last 19 years, and I'm convinced that if there's a significantly better ss amp out there in its price range, I haven't seen it yet.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
I own one too, and I absolutley love it. For the price you pay, you wont find better in it's range . It is a kick ass amp with a sh*t-ton of distortion . I suggest if your looking into it, get it, you wont be upset.
I readed my Bandit in towards a 5150, and now play an El Diablo, but I still miss that old Bandit. Played one in a store the other day and it was like a pleasant trip down memory lane. If I had the need and money for more than 1 amp, I'd probably have a Bandit too...
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

the peavey bandit is a very good amp, good dist and plenty loud. but the cube 60 would be a very good try i've read good opinions on all the cube amps
ibanez rg370dx (Crunchlab/Area 58/Liquifire)
ibanez rgr320ex (EMG 81/85)
ibanez grx20 (Super 3/PAF PRO)
ibanez gsr205 bass
randall rh150 head
avatar 2x12 contemporary cab (GK-100's)
boss GT8
ibanez weeping demon wah
line 6 ux1
Quote by Crunchmeister
I readed my Bandit in towards a 5150, and now play an El Diablo, but I still miss that old Bandit. Played one in a store the other day and it was like a pleasant trip down memory lane. If I had the need and money for more than 1 amp, I'd probably have a Bandit too...

if you had the money? *looks at his gear in sig* i suppose that stuff woulda cleaned you out

id definately get the bandit over the cube, it can go hella loud (obviously not loud enough to play unmiced at wembly but you know what i mean)
Quote by Diamond Dave
if you had the money? *looks at his gear in sig* i suppose that stuff woulda cleaned you out

LOL. I should probably be a little clearer. Yes, my **** cost a lot of money, but I have a wife and a 7-year-old to support. And I have to answer to said wife for large expenditures. I doubt I could convince her that I NEED more than 1 amp. It's hard enough to keep her convinced that I need more than 1 or 2 guitars. LOL

I like the Bandit. It's a fairly reliable and flexible amp, although, I still think I prefer the Roland Cube 60. However, if you're dead set on the Bandit, it's a good amp choice, and will suite your styles very well.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Crunchmeister
LOL. I should probably be a little clearer. Yes, my **** cost a lot of money, but I have a wife and a 7-year-old to support. And I have to answer to said wife for large expenditures. I doubt I could convince her that I NEED more than 1 amp. It's hard enough to keep her convinced that I need more than 1 or 2 guitars. LOL

people just don't understand.

a friend of mine has an old Bandit from the 90's (IMO the older versions are better than today's) and I used it for jamming out one day becaue I was too lazy to bring my amp(s) to practise. I used it and it wasn't bad. I've since used it to mess around with many times. The cleans are alright, not the best, but do-able, The distortion is much more modern than vintage sounding, as you would expect from a solid state peavey. Its trebly but very tweakable. and they have real reverb, not digital, so thats good.
Prior to the Bandit Transtube, I owned an 80s Bandit 112 (pre-Transtube). And I can tell you it was crap. lol It was loud and had nice cleans, but that was about it. I used to run my Marshall 9004 preamp, and subsequently, a Digitech RP-1 into its power amp inout, and that sounded awesome.

When you say a 90s Bandit, I'm assuming you mean the first iteration of the Transtube amps, because you defiantely can't be talking about the pre-Transtube models...

Quote by Crunchmeister
its power amp inout, and that sounded awesome.

When you say a 90s Bandit, I'm assuming you mean the first iteration of the Transtube amps, ...

yeah
own it love it and very versatile amp ~~~~
u wont regret it dood
Fender American Strat Deluxe 2006
PRS custom 24CE
Gibson LP custom custom white
Marshall Jcm900 Marshall cab
Mesa boogie Dual Recti with boogie cab
Vox ac30