Hey guys, I am a huge A7X fan, but like, sometimes I think their solos are only apart of the "Recording Magic" if you know what i mean. Like for M.I.A., Synyster pulls of this solo that consists of 4 guitars (Rhythm, 2 Harmonizing Guitars, 1 Guitar Playing the solo) I would totally like to see that pulled off at a show. But anyways, is it just me, or does Synysters solo at about...(4:54) in M.I.A. sound like it was all digitally made hahaha . But great solo overall, i would just love to see it pulled off .
ive seen them live several times. its all real, he even pulled off a long ass solo with only his left hand suporting his guitar held high in the air, right hand was at the waist. it was ins@ne. dont be jealous cuz u cant play like him
Last edited by ins@ne at Jul 20, 2006,
ins@ne, don't be hard on this dude just because he thought it couldn't be played live since it has four guitars in it. I bet he just plays the one playing the solo at a show.
Quote by Keef-is-king
Seinfeld: The Video Game

It'd be a game about nothing. But it would be fantastic, better than the Sims by far because there would be more jews.
I've heard them live, its nothing special, I'm gald I didn't pay to see them, they were on TV. Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengance should not do backing vocals, they suck it up horribly. I heard what you are talking about. I hate stuff like that if they won't four guitars in a song they should have four guitar players in the band.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
i saw them live, which was before i even realized how good they are and i was mad biased against them, and i'll tell you they put on a really good show with the technical quality of the album intact.
Quote by I Walk Alone
ins@ne, don't be hard on this dude just because he thought it couldn't be played live since it has four guitars in it. I bet he just plays the one playing the solo at a show.

i bet you like buttsecks
Actually, I'm in Memphis right now, and I saw them play about a week back or so at the New Daisy. The most they do in studio is overdubbing, like in Bat Country, where they have three guitars playing the solo, two doing harmony and one with the rhythm. For that song, they left out the rhythm and just played the twin harmonies. It wasn't quite as impressive, because that rhythm guitar adds alot of dynamic, but let me tell you this...

They were SPOT ****ING ON. In every song, including MIA. Their solos were practically note perfect, the singer sounds the same live, and while they can't do every single overdub (sorry, they only have two guitarists, afterall), they know how to pick out the important parts and play those really well, and almost every time the important part is the twin harmonies. That's what makes them AX7. Plus, as far as stage energy goes, they're absolutely amazing. Their show just grabs you by the balls and doesn't let go. So while it's not gonna come straight off the cd, let me assure you that they are, in fact, the real deal. They're a band that performs solidly and accurate to their cd. Not like, say, the Vines (I saw those bastards in concert, and let me tell you, that was all recording magic right there)...