Lately I've been thinking about getting a new guitar and I REALLY like the look of some Ibanez guitars though. Thing is tho, I've heard they're mainly for metal and I don't play any metal. So is an Ibanez unlikely to be the guitar for me?

thanks
no theyre not just for metal, i JUST bought one and i can switch from classical rock to punk to metal, i dont know why people say that

i got one, s-470, apparently the "metal" range, but i can play alsorts on it. i feel that it is one of the most versatile guitars i have ever played
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Ibanez makes a whole range from shred-perfect RGs to jazz boxes. Which ones were you looking at?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
I have an Ibanez AX7221, it's a 7 string. It's amazing for metal, if you're into 7 strings(standard tuning beaing BEADGBe).
WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THIS???? Its not your fault, but i HATE the fact that loadsa people think that Ibanezs are only for metal. This is a horrific assumption. They can do classic rock, blues, metal, jazz and, dare i say it (eeeek) Punk, as ive heard from some people, :\
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
The Ibanez S Series is ABSOLUTELY amazing as far as versatility is concerned. I had one, but unfortunately bills got in the way..

Also another model worth checking out is the Ibanez Artcore line. They make a lot of great jazz-boxes. I love Ibanez!
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
^^ eh?
--
I have an Ibanez RG3120 , a shred machine. On the other hand, it sounds better than any other guitar ive played for classic rock, and blues? I dont know why people make these assumptions.... The FR and 24frets throw them off? Im getting another RG very soon.

While were on that topic, people make out EMGS as to be metal pickups Some of the best Jazz players in the world use EMG 89's or 85s..... I also know Buddy Guy used EMGS at one time.

What model of ibanez are you interested in Matt?
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
haha. stupid stereotypes. i can get pink-floydish classic rock sounds out of my friend's js1000.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by washburndean
The Ibanez S Series is ABSOLUTELY amazing as far as versatility is concerned.

I second that motion brother

Fender USA Strat

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
(Tubab0y) thats because it doesnt have ibanez stock pickups, and its not really made in an Ibanez way at all, different neck, different pickups, so yeah...
--
Quote by ClassicAxe
I have an Ibanez RG3120 , a shred machine. On the other hand, it sounds better than any other guitar ive played for classic rock, and blues? I dont know why people make these assumptions.... The FR and 24frets throw them off? Im getting another RG very soon.

While were on that topic, people make out EMGS as to be metal pickups Some of the best Jazz players in the world use EMG 89's or 85s..... I also know Buddy Guy used EMGS at one time.

What model of ibanez are you interested in Matt?

buddy guy used lace sensors [still uses them i think]
strat player forever.
Quote by J.MitMetallica
(Tubab0y) thats because it doesnt have ibanez stock pickups, and its not really made in an Ibanez way at all, different neck, different pickups, so yeah...

Your right, it has HIGHER OUTPUT pickups, "better" for the "metal" sound. Not made in an ibanez way? RGs arent the only ibanez's out there, JS series guitar is similiar to there early guitars way before the RG's came out in 1987.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
Your right, it has HIGHER OUTPUT pickups, "better" for the "metal" sound. Not made in an ibanez way? RGs arent the only ibanez's out there, JS series guitar is similiar to there early guitars way before the RG's came out in 1987.

what i mean is Mr Axe, that it has DiMarzio pickups (which are medium output, so not higher output anyway), and a very different shaped neck to say the wizard, and although there are others out there, this is still not very similar to many of them.

Dont you tell me what I dont know about ibanez, ive never had a different guitar than an ibanez, so i think i might know something about them.

[*finishes ranting*]
--
Quote by GuitarBoy-IL
buddy guy used lace sensors [still uses them i think]

Like i said, at one point.

Ive got a magazine with a picture of him playing with EMG humbuckers.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by J.MitMetallica
what i mean is Mr Axe, that it has DiMarzio pickups (which are medium output, so not higher output anyway), and a very different shaped neck to say the wizard, and although there are others out there, this is still not very similar to many of them.

Dont you tell me what I dont know about ibanez, ive never had a different guitar than an ibanez, so i think i might know something about them.

[*finishes ranting*]

First of all, i was not ranting to you.... I simply made a point.

Second, i dont care if you've "never had anything but an ibanez"..... That doesnt make you mr know it all about them, and certainly doesnt make you know jack **** about their history.

Not very similiar to many of them? Ibanez doesnt make MANY different styles of guitars.... The RG is the only "different" guitar from there other ones besides a few select signatures. The JS is much more similiar to "most" of their guitars.

Those dimarzios are STILL higher output then any stock ibanez pickup.

Regardless, whether its a RG or JS, were talking about SOUND here. Shape of the guitar certainly doesnt change the sound, and although a different neck may a little, its not enough to say it would make it sound any more classic rock. The only thing you had right to the response to the tuba guy was the fact is had different pickups, which ARE higher output so you were totally wrong there. Ive played different JS's before, and compared to my ibanez, sound wise they are very very close.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Pffft, Radius/JS is the quintessential Ibanez. R/JS and S body shapes were actually designed by Ibanez and not made as copies of established shapes. Both are unique to Ibanez, and made the Ibanez way. Now they've slipped from being the innovator to just a sellout company, but hey... they made a couple of original designs in their golden age, and whenever I hear "Ibanez", I think of the smooth basswood aerofoil R/JS first and RG second.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
ClassicAxe:-the emg's u probably saw were lace sensors in black which are covered completely so will look almost idebtical to emg's, i sicerely doubt that buddy guy used emg's. Lace sensors yes, emg's no
Fender USA Strat

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
^ Man, dont second guess me lol. Im looking at the ad RIGHT NOW. Hes playing a Les Paul with 2 EMG Humbuckers. Keep in mind the magazine is fairly old.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
ah, they are hums you say. Ok fair enough i take it back i presumed you were on about singles.

kudos to you brother
Fender USA Strat

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy