23 59%
Gibson
16 41%
Voters: 39.
Got 2 guitars in mind.
CANNOT decide which to go for.

product 1) Epiphone 1967 Flying V $399

product 2) Gibson Faded Flying V $689

I cannot decide at all here. the gibson has the name. that damn name. as well as much better pickups but is it worth the extra 300 dollars...
The Epi has gotten great reviews from people that actually know what theyre talking about, whereas the gibson, not so much.

MAKE MY DESICION FOR ME BIOTCHESSSS

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
Whichever you like best. If you ain't got a clue, however, take the epiphone.
Quote by refgerto
Whichever you like best. If you ain't got a clue, however, take the epiphone.

thats the problem, i like them both the exact same

1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
I voted for the Epi. The Gibson is a disgrace. It sounds weak and brittle, and just doesn't have a good feel to it.

Also, with the Epi, I'd suggest the Korina version over that one (unless it's korina as well). With some quick upgrades that Epi will blow the faded Gibson V out of the water. Some new pups, wiring and pots and it will be one nice guitar.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by JanickClone
thats the problem, i like them both the exact same

If you like both JUST as much, and one is half the price of the other, its shouldn't be that hard a choice, mate

Good luck with ur new guitar
Ya I agree get the Epi and put some new pickups in it. It save you money and you will get just a good of guitar.
how serious of a player r u, if you arent really in a band or arent serious about playing professionally then whats the point of buying a 700$ guitar when you can have a fairly decent guitar for less. my opinion is just buy the epiphone and then get famous , and then the expencive one...........................but if ur really rich then buy the epiphone and give the other 300$ to me!
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
The Gibson Vs arent made anymore I dont think, but I have heard that they are pretty good, even those 600 special flying v.

They are still made, and you heard wrong.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i suggest saving up for the 1000$ dollar gibson v
it really is worth it. has hot ass pick ups and a good feel. dont settle for these ones
If you can get the Epiphone in stark white and black (Apple colors), it would own. I still like it more, even with the cream.
Quote by metal_man12
it really is worth it. has hot ass pick ups and a good feel. dont settle for these ones

Either do what ^he said, or get the Epi and mod it. Either way the end result is a great guitar.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Think about it this way. a decent epi or a crap gibson...either that or find another guitar...maybe some complete no name off ebay with a blank headstock and change the pots and get new SD or D pickups. Thats if you can do that yourself...otherwise dont even think about it.
hmm well this seems to be a damn near blow-out.
and the thing i was saying about liking them both the same, already has the price factored in. if the epi costed the same as the gibson i wouldnt like it as much.

however, you guys did shed a new light on me. instead of saving up for the next 3 months then getting the gibson, i can just buy the epi now and mod the pups in it in a month or 2.

im still open for suggestions though, but atm im definatly leaning towards the epi (even with the paint job that im not as fond of)

1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
I'd say go with the Epiphone. Good solid guitar, you'd save some money and with that you could change the pickups, plus it almost looks like Schenker's V.
Though I Am Only Here To Do One Thing, I Do Not Regret Being Born Into This World.
^Look at the Korina one dammit! It comes in natural and Black. Much nicer looking in my opinion. Plus, it's made of korina-Like the older Gibson V's. Gibson switched to mahogany for their V's and Explorers a while back. The Vintage V's were Korina.

Just search Musician's Friend for "Epiphone Korina" and it should come up.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by HardRockNGuy
I'd say go with the Epiphone. Good solid guitar, you'd save some money and with that you could change the pickups, plus it almost looks like Schenker's V.

im kinda dissapointed the schenker model is like 900 though

1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
Black Korina V:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-1958-Flying-V-Electric-Guitar?sku=518422

Natural Korina V:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Korina-Flying-V-1958-Electric-Guitar?sku=518235

Both are the same guitar, just in different colors. Musician's Friend seems to have gotten them confused for two different models.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I dont like the korinas looks though.
The gold doesnt suit it, i HATE string thrus, the input jack washer looks half retarded and i prefer open coils.

just the way I am, but im not doubting that its a better buy

EDIT: ahh ya, I never saw the black one, but i still dont like it as much, thanks for the info though. ill keep my eyes open at the store because it may play better

1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
Last edited by JanickClone at Jul 20, 2006,
^Hm...then I guess the black and white one is for you.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
get the Gibson if you like the stock pick ups, otherwise the Epiphone will be a better value in my opinion.
Quote by metal_man12

+1 for that ^^^

from wat ive heard, both of them suck, so i would save up for the higher-end gibson V

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by Keef-is-king
if you really want the gibby name, switch the truss rod cover
and switch the pickups and then the epi would be the far more rockin axe

PAHAHAHA

no im good, but i do plan on switching the pickups to some SD's

1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
Quote by SEALSniper1152
epi, pickups are replaceable, and **** the name, if anybody bitches at you for not having a gibson, put the epi up their ass... body first

ouch... but if you save up a little more you can get two of the epi for the price of the gibby so go with the epi
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.