Just a quick question, (im new to the whole electronics thing ) how do i power an entire board of pedals from one adapter? i understand you need to use daisy chain cables, but do i need to buy a more powerful adapter? or can i just use my standard 9v boss one?

Cheers in advance
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Whitout stealing your thread inspired by vai, What is velcro? the stuff you put on the pedalboard? some sticky **** now is it?
You can do it two ways, a power strip somewhere on your pedalboard that you plug adaptors in, or you can buy a large power supply like the power brick, or it hink the others one a voodoo labs power supply
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
get a 9 volt adapter and daisy chain it to all the pedals
EDIT- how many pedals and what are they? And velcro is that hook and loop stuiff that you use to secure pedals down. www.velcro.com
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
a 1 spot adapter and a daisy chain powers about 6 pedals.

the boss adapter can power about 3 pedals.

there is also this for $45
http://www.music123.com/Pinnacle-Powered-Pedalboard-i126859.music
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i plan to eventually get about 6-7 pedals, so i takeit ill need something more powerful than my boss adapter, but is there a cheaper option than spending £100 on a powerbrick?
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Last edited by Inspired_by_Vai at Jul 21, 2006,
the boss can power at least 6 boss pedals including the power pedal i know i do it all the time
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
Check the mA of your adaptor and the mA withdraw from your pedals.
If you had 10 pedals that withdraw 100 mA each your adaptor needs to be at least 1 A (1000 mA). It will usually say on your pedals and adaptors what the mA is.
If the total mA of all the pedals you're powering is greater than what the adaptor can handle. You run a risk of frying your adaptor/pedals. If it's less than what it can handle. It's fine.
Quote by Inspired_by_Vai
i plan to eventually get about 6-7 pedals, so i takeit ill need something more powerful than my boss adapter, but is there a cheaper option than spending £100 on a powerbrick?

why did u type that right after i gave u two alternatives?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by duggyrocks at Jul 21, 2006,