Im looking to learn a few realtively simple solo songs. Im gonna tell you rite now i dont play metal. Things with simple to medium riffs and chords over the lyrics. Stuff that everyone knows. If they need effects then thats fine too.
i mean like full length songs...ummm ok example, Hendrix's purple haze...umm, Goo goo dolls Slide, Van morrison Brown eyed girl (yes i know all of these...just want more to work on.)
nothing else matters, everlong, stairway to heaven, the rain song for starters. stairway might be a lil tough cause of the length
anything by cross canadian ragweed the most badass band ever but the song alabama by them has a pretty easy solo and it sounds kickass
Last edited by nuckols at Jul 20, 2006,
smooooooke on the water... but i haven't seen a good tab for it, layla, stairway to heaven (the intro's pretty easy, i don't know about the rest), blackout by the scorpions, ain't talkin' about love by van halen... those should get you started
im just startin out too... im haven a hard time findin ne good "easy solos" they dont really exist u no???

well just learn some easy songs and get confortable with the guitar.. like animal i have become by three days grace and just like you by three days grace those are farly easy

another one is aerials by SOAD its a little heavier but its not metal like super heavy metal... its pretty melo

lemme no wat u think
peace
Alex
Stairway to heaven is crazy...i cant pick and play at the same time...not like that anyways,
^ Lol
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
The shorter solo for Beverly Hills is easy, fun and sounds pretty cool, uses a wah stick though.
Quote by El Toro
The shorter solo for Beverly Hills is easy, fun and sounds pretty cool, uses a wah stick though.

doesnt it use a talk box?

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by El Toro

wah stick? never heard of it...
the strokes- last night, the solo sound sreallly cool and is pretty basic, just takes a little practicing
jet- are you gonna be my girl
white stripes- 7 nation army