I want 2 get a randall head(gain!), the all tube 50 watt is a good price for an all tube so i guess ill go wit that, but can i use the marshall MG DFX 50 watt as a speaker(save $ i don't got any and the head is about $500), unplugg the input and put in the head, or will the tube head but too much power, b/c i kno they're louder, any help would be greatly appreciated
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
i wouldnt advise doint that, because you cant put the speaker cable into your marshall and if you arent running a speaker from the head youll **** your head up. Your bvest bet would be to just get a cheap used 4x12
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Jul 20, 2006,
you can do that with any amp, but i dont remember if an mg30 is open or closed back so opening it to access the speaker to plug it in may void the warranty.

edit: oh yes, and the ohms...
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
that was english and it has an input were the speaker of the combo goes, so i was wondering could i just take that out and plug the head in
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
i wouldnt advise doint that, because you cant put the speaker cable into your marshall and if you arent running a speaker from the head youll **** your head up. Your bvest bet would be to just get a cheap used 4x12

Of course you can put a speaker cable into the marshall.

Dont tell him anything if you dont know what you are talking about.

All he needs is a Radio Shack 1/4in plug, and solder speaker wire to it, then put plugs on the end, and hook it to the speaker. Since its a head, it will have a selectable impediance.
Quote by TheFluffy
Of course you can put a speaker cable into the marshall.

Dont tell him anything if you dont know what you are talking about.

All he needs is a Radio Shack 1/4in plug, and solder speaker wire to it, then put plugs on the end, and hook it to the speaker. Since its a head, it will have a selectable impediance.

yeah ive heard of that done but ive never seen it work well, so i wouldnt feel good reccomending it. and not all heads have a selectable impedance, i have one that doesnt.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
why would i need to solder, there is a plug comming up from the inside of the amp out the back of the panel (closed back) and plug into the top into a plug that is red and says "LOUDSPEAKER" above it , can't i just plug the head into that?
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
it should be ok, all you need to do is connect the speaker cable coming from the inside of the mg to the speaker out in the head, however it is a very short calbe so you may need an extension of some sort.

EDIT: yes you can (to above post) but make sure the ohms match.
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Quote by boardsofcanada
you can do that with any amp, but i dont remember if an mg30 is open or closed back so opening it to access the speaker to plug it in may void the warranty.
, yes its a closed back but i got the floor model at guitar center so they'll probly weasel out of the warranty anyway
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX