hey guys,

ive been getting tabs off UG for a while and decided to make an account so i can post on the forums too, so this is my very first thread.

i have a friend who wants to start guitar, and she found this at best buy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7276707&type=product&id=1118839078699

when she told me she found it at best buy i automatically thought it was crap but i cant tell if its actually any good. she's very limited on how much money she can spend so i thought this might be actually ok. what do you guys think?
it can be found at the gibson site too:

http://www.gibson.com/Products/GBME/Signature/Products/Signature%20SG/
maple is a good wood as far as im informed... and the gibson name is something she could brag about
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Well, I suggest she gets an Epiphone Vintage G-400 over that POS. The Epi is only $300, and it will be worlds better. Or have her check out the Agile Valkyrie. It's an SG shape and I think it's only $240. It will also be MUCH better than the Baldwin.

Just because that junk guitar is "BY GIBSON" it doesn't mean it's a good guitar. It has a maple body for crying out loud. Have you EVER heard of an SG having a maple body?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
if she's limited on money, this is a good buy. $139.00, crap or not it's a good beginner guitar, and looks good. If she has a little more money, do what spade1 says and get an epiphone.
If she can come up with $11 more I suggest a Washburn WI14 over the Baldwin. It's much better and is actually a real guitar instead of some toy sold at Best Buy.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
ROFL They sell those at BestBuy.

Atleast you could get the LesPaul shape.
man those are worse than most epiphones lower models. should look at yamaha pacifica models as their a pretty good starting point
well, she ended up getting a strat pack of some sort, i havent seen it yet, but from what shes described i think its the normal squier pack for $279, im not sure though, she said there was another in white. do squier strats come in white?
Quote by xsirtalkalotx
well, she ended up getting a strat pack of some sort, i havent seen it yet, but from what shes described i think its the normal squier pack for $279, im not sure though, she said there was another in white. do squier strats come in white?

yep, certainly
i kinda like those...they have cool looks and good clean sounds...but they dont hold tune,and when distortion is invovled they tend to get feed pretty bad, but those would make good beginner guitars...
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join