wow, when i saw this guitar, my heart leapt into my throat! lol, this is one of the most beautiful guitars i've ever seen! its the Schecter C1 FR Hellraiser Electric Guitar with Floyd Rose...
here's the link:

http://www.americanmusical.com/images--i-sce-c1frhr-bch--t-h.html

so here's my question... after ****loads of research and questioning, I had finally (FINALLY) decided on the Ibanez RG2550.. the Edge Pro (basically floyd), THIN Prestige neck, and eventually, the DiMarzio pickups are quite important to me.
Can someone tell me what this guitars like? It looks a helluva lot better, IMO, and i want to know about the shape and feel of its neck, if its good for shredding, and all in all, how different it is from the RGs... also, how is the Locking trem and pickup quality, again, compared to the RG 2550?
thanks!
what compared to the rg, i couldnt understand half the **** you were saying...\
And the RG is pwnage, i love just about every Ibanez, i just bought an AXS and i love it, it turned me into an Ibanez fan, so i think you should get the Ibanez, if your comparing it to the schecter, because i happen to like DiMarzio's better than EMGS

How long have you been playing?
Last edited by Arlabester at Jul 20, 2006,
i've been playing for quite a while now.. 6 or 7 years... i wasn't really going to change my mind from the RG2550, i put a LOT of thought and time into settling on that, but i just found this schecter to be amazingly good looking... just wanted to see what its about, i'd heard people say that schecters aare good shred guitars n since i've never tried or played a schecter, i wanted to check it out...
Try both, and you'll see right away how much more comfortable the RG is for shred.

RG is lighter, the neck is thin and satiny, HSH passive pickup setup is more versatile than two EMG humbuckers, and some people would swear that Edge Pro is better than the original Floyd (I haven't had much experience with it, however).

The Hellraiser would be your pick if you want a balls to the wall metal guitar with less class than the 2550. Its neck is chubby compared to the RG, mahogany body is heavy, and EMGs for shred? Puh-lease.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
if i see one more schecter thread my heads going blow up.

Quote by burnout_one
wow, when i saw this guitar, my heart leapt into my throat! lol, this is one of the most beautiful guitars i've ever seen! its the Schecter C1 FR Hellraiser Electric Guitar with Floyd Rose...
here's the link:

http://www.americanmusical.com/images--i-sce-c1frhr-bch--t-h.html

so here's my question... after ****loads of research and questioning, I had finally (FINALLY) decided on the Ibanez RG2550.. the Edge Pro (basically floyd), THIN Prestige neck, and eventually, the DiMarzio pickups are quite important to me.
Can someone tell me what this guitars like? It looks a helluva lot better, IMO, and i want to know about the shape and feel of its neck, if its good for shredding, and all in all, how different it is from the RGs... also, how is the Locking trem and pickup quality, again, compared to the RG 2550?
thanks!

ok first of all.... give us a link to the Rg because i am too lazy to find it myself.
and secondly.... nice way to contradict yourself.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
(pifty)^ I totally disagree with your EMGs for shred comment, but the rest of what you said is true imo.

Go for the Ibanez, although in this case it depends on what plays best to YOU.

Ibanez has better fret access, thinner neck, agile, lighter, Ibanez EDGE PRO ( The best FR out there imo )

Schecter has a Mahogony body, EMG Actives, OFR....

You gotta play them both to see what style plays best for you, i HATE the way shecters play and feel compared to my prestige ibanez, but some people feel the same way about ibanez to schecters.

At this point, get what YOU want, because either way you cant go wrong.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by Ostin
give us a link to the Rg because i am too lazy to find it myself

I'd like to be seen in public with one of those, and not one of those silly bound Hellraisers.

ClassicAxe, well, he didn't say what he'll be playing them through, so I just make the most popular assumption on EMGs. Not dissin', I love mine.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
i love shecters...but for shred kinda stuff i'd say ibanez, and just because teh neck on my C1-Elite is just, kinda sticky feelin once u play for awhile cuase it's coated and all, but i think EMG's would be better for heavier metal kinda stuff, but i hate em for most other genres, and besides, i think the ibanez ZR is better than any floyd rose, just my opinion, edge pro's are nice too
Quote by pifty
I'd like to be seen in public with one of those, and not one of those silly bound Hellraisers.

ClassicAxe, well, he didn't say what he'll be playing them through, so I just make the most popular assumption on EMGs. Not dissin', I love mine.

they dont have any good left handed RG's....
http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=RG370DXL

basswood....
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
^ They make the 1570 in a lefty i know that...
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I'd take the schecter. Really thin necks dont support my hands enough, and they get REALLY sore really fast.
I've got a c1+, In the same finish with the same neck shape. I like the neck, To give you an idea, so you can tell without going to play it. My palms the size of a CD.
Anyway.
It comes down to preference.
EMG or Dimarzio.
Thick or Thin.

Personally, I'd take a schecter over an Ibanez any day.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Play both, pick what you like better, that simple. Most of the Byast Ibanez suggestions are from people who "Shred", Its not a well known fact here, but not everyone wants to shred.
Personally i cant tell you, both companys make great quality guitars. Just try them out instead of listening to all these byast opinions.
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"