Poll: ibanez explorer - yay or nay?
Poll Options
View poll results: ibanez explorer - yay or nay?
yay
13 76%
nay
4 24%
Voters: 17.
im thinking of getting an ibanez GRG170 with 2 point locking trem, but then, searching on google images for ibanez i saw this beautiful wood-grain finish ibanez explorer, and i wondered if its any good and how much i should pay for it?
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

Called the Ibanez Destroyer. I think they wer're pretty good ,not exactly top tier on the Ibanez scale.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
The latest reissue is DT200 - mahogany body, bolt-on, fixed TOM-like stoptail bridge. They're out of production, but I see them in stores all the time. Price should be sub-300 and they're infinitely more awesome than the GRG.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
yeah the dt200 looks cool, but im really looking for a 24 fret shark tooth inlay neck with 2 piece/part locking tremolo, would these be easy enough to put on a dt200?

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

Quote by I-AM-NOT-GOD
yeah the dt200 looks cool, but im really looking for a 24 fret shark tooth inlay neck with 2 piece/part locking tremolo, would these be easy enough to put on a dt200?

No, those wouldn't be easy to put in. However, the GRG doesn't have a locking tremolo either, and any instrument that does have all of your desired specs along with passable quality would be twice the price of the GRG at least, unless you're willing to scour the used market.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
the normal GRG doesnt, but im getting a custom one which has a custom locking tremolo built in, its about £30 more than normal GRG though

Quote by Beakwithteeth

Played a gibson explorer the other day, realized I never want an explorer type guitar. The body is hard to hold while sitting, and the headstock is awkward to tune and it interferes with playing. I'd get a dimbag dean guitar instead.