Ok, so i have finally convinced myself to throw down on an LP . My question is it worth saving the extra money to buy the standard?
As far as i can tell the only real difference is the burstbucker pickups.
I know there are a few of you out there that have played both so any reccomendations would be appreciated.
I play mostly blues-based/classic rock as well as some rhcp style and a bit of metal.
thanks
yea because youll probably end up buying new pickups in the longrun anyway
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
The only differences are the pickups, and the fact that the classic has a plain maple top, while the standard has a flame maple top. Get the classic, its more back for your money.
Yea like the classic more actually. Something about it just looks tougher for some reason.
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
dont forget piss yellow inlays on the classic.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
i dunno. the classic is pretty good, the burstbucker pick ups are way better though. honestly. i have a '92 lp standard, and i've heard some classics compared to it, and the sound from my standard is way better. plus it doesnt have those gross yellow colored fret markers. so i would say the standard, its pick ups are way stronger, so you could get metal sounds out of it... but thats just me.
Quote by flyingv_m3
i dunno. the classic is pretty good, the burstbucker pick ups are way better though. honestly. i have a '92 lp standard, and i've heard some classics compared to it, and the sound from my standard is way better. plus it doesnt have those gross yellow colored fret markers. so i would say the standard, its pick ups are way stronger, so you could get metal sounds out of it... but thats just me.

The pickups of the classic are more suited to metal than the burstbuckers IMO.

Also, the inlays are pretty cool, at least with the vintage sunburst colour. And often, people don't actually have a better sound to their guitar, they just think they do, coz they're biased. They want and they think the sound of their own guitar is better than anything else. I've also played a couple of standards and classics, and on average, i'd say the sound is the same, except for the pickups making a smal difference.
no its pretty much a fact that Burstbuckers sound better than Gibson Moderns
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Good old LP classics, though i like standards i'd say go for a really expensive LP custom or slash or Page signatures.
Always waiting for that bit of inspiration.
Get the Goldtop classic *has wet dreams*

Or.. lord, was that even a classic or does my store actually have custom shops

EDIT: YAY FOR SPELLERING ERRORS!
Get the classic.

I think the plain maple top looks much nicer.

Then you can just change the pickups and you will have saved yourself hundreds of dollars.

Here's for comparison

http://myspace-353.vo.llnwd.net/00915/35/30/915640353_l.jpg

that's plain maple like on the classic

http://www.maverick-music.com/ProdImages/60burst.jpg

and this is quilt like on the standard

personally I like the plain maple because it looks cleaner and prettier imo