Well i recently bought a book on Improvising, Scales, and all that mumbo jumbo, but the only thing i really dont understand are the modes. Like i kno theory considering i have been playing for a while, but it shows like starting from one note and finishing a scale. If someone can plz help, i'd really appreciate it
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=396872

here's a thread with the general "sound" of each mode
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
ok well after reading this stuff.. i just wanted to kno how i could like incorporate this when im improvising. Like say u play a C chord and u want to improvise on that chord.. do upick one of the modes to make the sound of a sad C, or Happy C, or w/e. If someone could help i'd appreciate it.
Quote by Matic
ok well after reading this stuff.. i just wanted to kno how i could like incorporate this when im improvising. Like say u play a C chord and u want to improvise on that chord.. do upick one of the modes to make the sound of a sad C, or Happy C, or w/e. If someone could help i'd appreciate it.

Basically, yes.

Modes are used to add a specific or subjective sound to the chord - it's really not as straight forward as 'This modes sounds happy and this mode sounds sad' that is completely subjective to what you think sounds happy and sad.

I love the way you've answered your own question, though

Play a C chord and you want to improvise on that chord... exactly, do that. Take a C chord and pedal it, play it over and over and record yourself (You can do it on GuitarPro or get a friend to do it) and play every single mode over it - find out what the modes are about and what they say to you.
thanx for the help man, although i still have some question, but ill ask them a bit l8er. once i get this stuff over with