Hello.

I'm looking for a distortion pedel. I'm looking to spend less than £80.. Um, any help on this is absolutly brilliant really, and I'm going on a trip to my guitar centres soon, so I'll check out the pedels then, but for now I need your opinions. The kind of sound I'm after is the kinda Marshall crunch really.. I can't describe it, but these bands have the sound I'm looking for, if you know them then great They use mainly Mesa Boogies I think

Funeral For A Friend
Hell Is For Heroes
Coheed & Cambria

I hope y'all understand me.. It's the kinda sound I can get from my Marshall MG15 (I know it's crap, bu that kind of crunch). I'm looking alot at a Boss DS-1. It sounds a bit like what I'm after.. But.. Suggestions?

Thanks
Originally posted by jimmeh
I'm gonna try and teach my gf bass. I've only tried once, and we were both naked and still in bed, so it didn't work so well.
if you have an amp that can do what youre trying to find...what are you looking for?
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
Quote by boardsofcanada
if you have an amp that can do what youre trying to find...what are you looking for?

mabey hes getting a new amp??
80 pounds contributed to the Amp Fund will help quite a bit. i highly suggest you do that.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
you really arnt gonna be able to get FFAFs tone in a pedal
ffaf uses bogner amps, un matchable

check out,

the DS-1
Proco rat
or electro harmonics metal head
"i disagree, I play on my own and if I had to play through my avt for another minute I'd probably poke a fork into the input, with the hope of both electrocuting myself and destroying the amp in one fell swoop."
-Dave_mc

Best video ever
yeah I know FFAF play Bogners, and of course I can't re-create the sound of the amps, but it's that kind of distortion Im going for
Originally posted by jimmeh
I'm gonna try and teach my gf bass. I've only tried once, and we were both naked and still in bed, so it didn't work so well.