wynter
5 42%
ThePartyBoy
7 58%
Voters: 12.
For wynter go here "UG Top Dog Blues"

For ThePartyBoy go here "Minor Baby Blues Improv in A# Minor"

Vote and Critique

The winner of this challenge takes on the winner of the Top Dog challenge between AlpineHigh and sheratonplyr369.
wynter, i liked your slower riffs but dude, this is not a shred challenge.. loose the distortion and racerX riffs.

partyboy, as much as i hate to do this b/c it means you've got one more vote that puts you closer to a challenge with me (which i do not look forward to) you got my vote.. yours had alot more emotion and definately a better blues feel. you had some hot licks in there as well but you gave the song space which is crucial.
Quote by AlpineHigh
wynter, i liked your slower riffs but dude, this is not a shred challenge.. loose the distortion and racerX riffs.

yeah i agree. wynter you did a great job and your obviously very talented, but the blues is a sacred thing to me which shoudl nto be shredded upon. my votes for partyboy, good job, very well all around. im glad i didnt have to face you some very santana-esque riffs going on. sweet tone too.
Quote by AlpineHigh

First of....Racer X KICKS ASS

Second...wynter has nuts chops..and I though the phrasing was great as well. But PartyBoy's is really good slow gilmouresque playing...And while paul gilbert is the freaking man....Gilmour is my favorite guitarist. I dont think a lil shredding in the blues is a bad thing, especially with good phrasing like wynter used, but I'll take a screaming bend over a 5 finger tapping lick any day...My vote goes to PartyBoy
haha yeah i know.. scarified rocks my world, i have an acoustic (or maybe just clean) version of gilbert playing it live just totally sick..

wynter you've definitely have serious skills, just thought your playing was too unbluesyish?
both players were great.... wnter you can shrde man but as some others said thepartyboy just had a better blues feel to it IMHO... good phrasing and playing on both parts tho great players
Quote by AlpineHigh
haha yeah i know.. scarified rocks my world, i have an acoustic (or maybe just clean) version of gilbert playing it live just totally sick..

wynter you've definitely have serious skills, just thought your playing was too unbluesyish?

Scarified is the best song ever! I've gotta hear that version you have. I didn't think you actually liked it I thought you were making fun of them....sweet
well i voted for the shredder wynter, well because i love shred and i like the sound shred produces when it is played in blues style....thats why he gets my vote but by all means both suberb good tracks
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

My vote goes for ThePartyBoy as I thought that wynter used a bit too much distortion and it was like shred. It's really good but not exactly blues.

ThePartyboy. Oh man, I'm absolutely loving it. The phrasing, sound and all the feeling in each note. Beautiful. My vote goes to you.
"Gear":
1980s Copy of Les Paul [unknown brand]
1980s Acoustic [unknown brand]
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Moonrock
DIY Tubescreamer TS808
Carlsbro Kickstart 25 amp

Fight Ignorance --> www.erowid.org

My Tube Screamer Build