hi ive been looking around for a new guitar and am not about to spend billions of pound on it. i liked the look of the epiphone les paul studio as seen here: http://epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=43&CollectionID=6

however, when i looked for a review (here on ug) the picture of the guitar is very different. it is an all black guitar with chrome pickup covers and trpezoid inlays (instead of dots). searching on google i get these two guitars and also the first studio in a different colour. it doesnt appear that this black studio is a different finish to the one on the website but they are both called studios. help! my question is:

are they both studios? is one of them an old discontinued version? what is going on???
Member #29 of the Fender Armada. Pm Arlabester...
Co-Founder of the UG Hippie Club! PM me or Blynd_Snyper to join!

My Gear:
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Fender Blues Junior Amp
Korg Multi effects pedal
Peavey Millenium Bass
Peavey Bass Amp
Quote by Tok
hi ive been looking around for a new guitar and am not about to spend billions of pound on it. i liked the look of the epiphone les paul studio as seen here: http://epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=43&CollectionID=6

however, when i looked for a review (here on ug) the picture of the guitar is very different. it is an all black guitar with chrome pickup covers and trpezoid inlays (instead of dots). searching on google i get these two guitars and also the first studio in a different colour. it doesnt appear that this black studio is a different finish to the one on the website but they are both called studios. help! my question is:

are they both studios? is one of them an old discontinued version? what is going on???

well ones just black, thats all
You may be looking at the Epiphone Goth Les Paul, but I believe it has Roman Numberal Inlays.
"If faith is the answer we've already reached it
and if spirits a sign, then it's only a matter of time"
For some reason the UG pic of the Epi LP Studio is wrong.

All new studios have dot inlays, and no pickups covers. And they come in a few different colors (which is just matter of taste, it doesn't affect anything)
The black one you described is a Les Paul Standard. The picture is probably just wrong.

Look up the Epiphone Les Paul Studio on www.musiciansfriend.com. They'll have pictures of the different colors and they'll all be correct.

Also, I really suggest that you look at other guitars besides the LP Studio. There are a lot of better guitars for around $300.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar