I've got an Epiphone Les Paul and i was wonderin if there is anyway i can install a tremelo/whammy bar into its bridge. As far as i know, its pretty impossible since it is not a solid body guitar.

Please tell me wut i can do to get the whammy bar. Thanku
Last edited by Limaj_daas at Jul 20, 2006,
err, unless you've got a hollowbody, which you would probably notice if you did, youre guitar allready IS a solid body
are there even hollow bodied les pauls?
Gear:

Ibanez SoundGear SR300DX Bass

Digitech BP200
i dont get it...
originally posted by Shoestick
Holy hell, that is the primest example of a rambling idiot trying to sound intelligent Ive ever seen, and I just sat through four years of Bush!
Quote by Ierius
are there even hollow bodied les pauls?

The ES137 and ES175 are kind of. I think I once saw a hollow regular Les Paul by I can't remember which asian company that was making knockoffs.
Aren't all LP solid-bodied.

The only semi-hollow LP I know of is the Ultra, which has a chambered body.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
There have been several semi-hollow pauls made by both gibson and epiphone. There have also been pauls with "tone chambers" in the body. If they are the semi-hollow versions, you can usually tell by removing the bridge pickup. There should be a large opening towards both the top and the bottom of the body that you can see into.

Does the guitar have f-holes? What specific Les Paul model is it (they only make about 500 variations every year )
Isn't the ts just confusing 'Solid-body' with 'Hard-tail' ?
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1
London City Spitfire II (Modded)
Squire Tele Custom (Modded)

Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Quote by LikeAStone
Isn't the ts just confusing 'Solid-body' with 'Hard-tail' ?

I wouldn't doubt it.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
with out routing into the front of your guitar for the trem the only thing i can think of is a stop bar trem that they sell on stewmac.com, but i dont know how well that works.
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
Call Epi or Gibson and give them the serial number...they can tell you if it is hollow or not. If it is solid, a nice wilkinson or hipshot ball bearing trem would work well....if you want to go hard core and stick with one tuning, go with the floyd.