Page 1 of 7
for me, it was hours of sitting around the dorm high playing Guitar Hero! I eventually got so good that I was disgusted with myself, thinking "I should be spending all this time getting good at real guitar" and so I did
Chop your breakfast on a mirror

~~~~~~~

Guitars:
ESP EX-400
Ibanez Riio
Fender Squier with a broken nut at the low E= complete piece of garbage, I let my friends play it haha

Amplification:
Peavey Stuido Pro 112
Squier 15 Watt
depression got me into guitar it basically saved my life man and i will get a tattoo in some way to symbolize how it saved my life ....
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.

jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
Nirvana, Elvis, Beatles, Wes Borland (he's extremely underrated but he's really good plus he looked otherworldly)
Kurt Cobain and Hendrix
originally posted by Shoestick
Holy hell, that is the primest example of a rambling idiot trying to sound intelligent Ive ever seen, and I just sat through four years of Bush!
I hated the guitar at first, because I was forced to play it at an early age, through one of those "Early starter" things... The Suzuki method thing. I hated it at first, because I was forced into it, but after hearing Bad Horsie, and realizing that I'd be able to play it, I started practicing more.
Quote by Vornik
There's nothing illogical about slavery.
Less Than Jakes' "All My Best Friends Are Metalheads".
Quote by soccermom
Of course eating unbelievable amounts of anything can probably harm you, but i chose bananas because they look like willies.
Quote by Crimsonashes
depression got me into guitar it basically saved my life man and i will get a tattoo in some way to symbolize how it saved my life ....

And you say you hate emo?!?!?!
Free, or, specifically, Paul Kossoff.

When I was about 8, my dad tried to get me to play, but I hated it and gave up. But then, October last year, I just picked it up and haven't looked back.
my music teacher in 7th grade gave the class guitars.
horrible nylon string guitars that didnt stay in tune for ****.
but it got me where i am today.
its a shame i never got to thank her, i graduated without telling her.
i really want to go back and tell her.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
The first real band I listened to was Metallica. My uncle use to play the old stuff all the time in his van. Also the Scorpions. I loved Enter Sandman and Wherever I May Roam, I don't remember what the Scorpions songs were..
Angus Young, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, and Dave Mustaine. Also my life was really turning to **** and I finally found something that helped me escape reality.
Angus Young along with Metallica
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Quote by Constantine
I hated the guitar at first, because I was forced to play it at an early age, through one of those "Early starter" things... The Suzuki method thing. I hated it at first, because I was forced into it, but after hearing Bad Horsie, and realizing that I'd be able to play it, I started practicing more.

omg...i was forced to play violin using the suzuki method...i wanted to murder my teacher...one time i almost passed out during a lesson b/c i had my knees locked the whole time, or maybe it was her evil mind control trying to force its way into the inner workings of my brain

anyway, i got started on guitar because my mom got me one for my birthday and it sat in my room for about a year, every day it begged to me "play...me...i'm....dying..." and then i decided to start playing, just like that
megadeth!
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

Sum 41, got me into guitar, Chili peppers got me into bass, I doen't listen to either of them much anymore.
Last edited by bequickorbedead at Jul 20, 2006,
Angus Young.
Quote by archangels666
Find me someone who doesn't do that and I'll show you a man humping a hippopotamus.

Quote by Vigilantius
High chairs are for little girls. My kids eat gravel off of bare concrete.

john frusciante got me into playing guitar. also jimi hendrix. those two are a real inspiration for me
when i was young i saw my friends dad playing foxy lady on this sunburst les paul and i always wanted to play since then and one day i jsut did.
white stripes, smashing pumpkins, nirvana, RHCP.
I have viephoria, and the solos Billy does are amazing.
Ive been sentenced to a Death by Sexy by the Eagles of Death Metal fan club! PM Punk Rocker to get sentenced.

President of the 'Courtney Love does not suck' club. PM me to join.

Also a member of White Stripes club - see left.
"Enter Sandman", "Wherever I May Roam"
Quote by ohio_emokid
then youll get caught and i'll laugh and poop on your head
Quote by SavageNights
Nine

^^^^ I am well known!
Quote by burningcowsrule
My balls are great thanks. Thats a phrase I never thought I'd see myself use...
Quote by Leonheart
You're a strange one 1__3__8.

^^^^ Why yes, yes I am.
me and a few friends needed urgent cash. Our school had a battle of the bands with a prize of £100. we made a band in the space of 2 months and learnt a bunch of easy stuff that everyone loves to hear.

we won too and owned this band that'd been round for ages in our school. in all fairness, they were the better band, but we played to win the audience over with ****ty stuff like Blink-182.

Anyway, we were gonna quit once it was over, but I took a liking to the bass and stuck with it.
I played piano for 10 years before I picked up guitar...I just sort of picked it up and played it- no huge flash of inspiration, just started playing and didn't look back.
I think everything in my life has inspired me to play music. Even though i didnt realized it until i was older. I have got all kinds of feelings inside me all my life, that i didnt know how to express or how to deal with. I choose guitar as an instrument to express myself, when i heard John Frusciante for the first time. It was the song The Past Recedes, and every cell in me knew that i was gonna play guitar for the rest of my life.

John frusciante is my biggset influence and motivation. Along with hendrix, gary m, mark knopfler, jimi page and most recently discovered influence Terra Naomi. I have lots more but this is the main ones.
well I know this is asking about guitar but I'm starting with drums, I was first inspired to play drums when I was little I never got to play them because everybody else wanted to play drums so they didn't have enough places for drums I ended up with the violin, about 3 years ago I finally got a drum set and have been playing since. After a while I started to get interested in guitar on boyscout campouts some of the other guys brought along acoustics and I thought it was really cool so I got a nice electric and learned on that for a while, and now I have an acoustic
Save a drum, Bang a drummer!

Quote by Dragatear
You guys are REALLY strict. Worse than neopets.

Quote by Tyler Wright
cokesodanotdrug, your a bitch.
what inspired me to pick up a guitarre?

the same mind that inspired me to pick up a hooker
Member 2 of I Dont Masturbate Club....Pm X-boy To Join

Quote by shoolocomous
who is this 'soya boy' of which you speak?

Quote by lolcats
You're 15 and don't have a penis yet?

^

RIP GIG 1990-2008
Well i got into playing guitar from listening to classic rock when i was like 4 and pretending to play guitar on the seatbelt, but i never had enough money to get a real guitar then my freind showed me a musicians friend magazine and then i got a guitar and have been playing for almost 2 years.
Seeing Francis Rossi command a 5000 crowd to do his bidding. Plus that sound when it vibrated through me.
Quote by 11rich03
what inspired me to pick up a guitarre?

the same mind that inspired me to pick up a hooker

The STDs?

I don't know it was a mixture of things. John Frusciante and virtually any song I liked with guitar in it. Also my girlfriend (at the time) who was pretty good at guitar.