Poll: ibanez owners- can you shred?
Poll Options
View poll results: ibanez owners- can you shred?
yes
27 35%
no
50 65%
Voters: 77.
Page 1 of 2
Owner of an RG2EX2:
(Invalid img)

And No, I cannot shred.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
No...
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Breaking the stereotypes?

As the owner of two Sabers, nope, I don't shred.
Blues, prog, rock-n-roll, folk and country styles for me, mostly.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by RideTheAnger13
Owner of an RG2EX2:
(Invalid img)

And No, I cannot shred.

sweet i have an rg2ex1 black with white trim

and i can shred
Quote by casualty01

btw, you're annoying me.

banned.

Cas-
Workin' on it....not quite yet....but getting there....you could call it a slightly slower shred haha....

Live life stronger than death.
Zakk Wylde

True knowledge is knowing that you know nothing.
Socrates

You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everybody dances with the Grim Reaper.
Robert Alton Harris

R.I.P.
Rhoads, Vaughan, Burton
well technically the only ibanez i have is an acoustic, but it's an ibanez none the less.

and i'm learning to sweep and such. i wouldn't consider myself a shredder as i've focused more on rhythm since i started playing.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Damn right.

Me and CustomCustom are working on some duel guitar solo projects..... You can hear both of our playing within hopefully a matter of days.

Both proud Ibanez owners
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by skybl4ck
just curious

do you own and ibanez, and/or can you shred?
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
Ive got an ibanez acoustic anyway, But yes. I can.
It sorta clicked today actually, Im now finally consistent with my sweeps. I had that awesome epiphany moment when I nailed part of a dream theater solo, most sweeping isnt that hard anymore I guess.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
I have an Iceman. I'm learning some techniques so hopefully shred, well if I wanted to that is. But at the moment, no I can not.
I can but I only do it when screwing around and joking with my band. It's like "hey I think we should do a guitar solo here, just improv something for now." And I'm like "okay....." *cue mindless shredding at least 5 times faster than the songs temps*
Gear
Fender Standard Tele
Epi Les Paul Custom w/ emg 81 (18v)
Line 6 Vetta
FBV Longboard
Yes. But why the curiosity? Although the stereotype seems to be that Ibanez makes shred guitars, why was the first signature series by Ibanez George Benson's?
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
things change? yes.

edit: b.c. rich started as an acoustic/classical company. and eventually started manufactureing super strat style guitars. they were very reluctant to do radical body shapes, which is they're whole game now.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Not really...no.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
i have an ibanez started guitar. that was my begginer guitar. so i never had plans of shredding when i got it. it was just my guitar, but i am getting there. i could probably stand a better chance on my jackson
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
i do what they call red. Its not quite shred, but its what happens to the tips of your fingers when you practice too long so that one day i can get the sh and therefore shred. Oh and i have an S470DXQM.
Quote by pinheadslts75
My right hand fell in love with my penis once. Then the right hand realized the penis slept with the left one too. Things are akward in the bedroom nowadays.
I'm working on some shred like techniques... I can't shred nor do I ever see myself becoming a shredder. The shreddiest thing I can play is tornado of souls by megadeth up to 4:00... after that pull of lick I give up...
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
i have an ibanez gig bag
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300

No I can't shred. Shred is mainly for showoffs ala Malmsteen. Vai is a true shredder, and they don't come along often.
I have an RG1570. I can't shred and I have no desier to learn.
Not taking any online orders.
nope can't shred but hoping to reach 'shred levels' with time..
Gear:

Ibanez V50 acoustic ( my first love)
Ibanez 442 RTR ( my second love)
Laney Linebacker Reverb 30Watt
I have an RG1570 and cannot shred. I can play quite fast and cleanly, but i'd say that's more ripping than shredding. I used to be heavily into shred and was getting close to being able to, but then suddenly lost any interest in it and now have a lot of fun playing alt. rock/indie stuff with my friends.

I'd rather be able to rip it up a bit when necessary in a song than be shredding all over the joint. Just seems a bit more satisfying to me.
i've gotta S prestige and a GAX75. the closest to "shred" is the middle part of friends by Joe Satriani. nah, i love my minor pentatonics.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
my guitar says fender squire on it does that mean its an ibanez?

*2,5 seconds*

*slap*
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
When you buy an Ibanez, you magically learn how to shred. Fact.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
I don't shred and I don't have the urge to shred, but I've got an artcore and use it for jazz and punk.
I have an s470, and i can shred to a certain degree. Sweeps need more work though.
Ibanez S470 (Condor/Pyro/Warthog)
Rockafeller Custom
Laney Lionheart L20H
Framus FR212CB
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss DS-1 (Monte Allum Mod)
Boss DD-6
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone
Dunlop/MXR Phase 90 (Full Script mod)
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
yes

with a guitar like this, how could you not?
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Last edited by J.MitMetallica at Jul 22, 2006,
i cant shred, but i can play fast. shred annoys me. but paul gilbert pwns....
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Nope, have to desire to right now maybe in a few years though just for showoff reasons.
By the time i buy my ibanez (christmas) i should be able to, learning surfing with the alien to get me started, i cant wait to be able to shred lol

and not all ibanezes are shreddy, artcore arent, i dont usually associate icemans with shred (dont ask me why) and there are loads of other ibanezes that arent good for shred.
I used to own an Ibanez, but i sold it to buy my gibson. I can shred and Ibanez guitars are good for it, but i usually choose not to, because while shredding is fun to do for most people its not very fun to listen to and i prefer to m\play music that people other than guitarists can fully enjoy.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I know a lot of non guitarists that enjoy listening to shred, hell one person thought it was entertaining watcheing me play guitar for a while, while people were in a big mosh pit type thing lol, but then again i probably share a different opinion in music than you.
Page 1 of 2